Skip to content

iPad 1 and Baldur's Gate 2 EE ?

kittenykitteny Member Posts: 16
I have a fully functioning very well looked after ipad 1. I am not looking to getting a new tablet for this reason and have enjoyed many hours of generally smooth gameplay on my ipad 1 with baldurs gate 1 ee.

What I would like to know, is how Baldur's Gate 2 will fair on the original ipad 1? I don't expect it to run as perfect as a later more powerful tablet no, but if it runs as well as Baldur's gate 1 does on ipad 1 I will be more than happy with that.

Thanks!

Comments

• alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    I distinctly recall a post stating that BG2EE would work on the same devices as BGEE.
    jackjack
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Keep in mind that BG:EE uses the BG2:EE game engine. This SHOULD mean anything they've done to get the engine to run properly on the iPad1 for BG:EE means the same should apply to BG2:EE. Given that they are the same Engine, I would almost bet on BG2:EE Running on the iPad 1.
  • jamessh1jamessh1 Member Posts: 7
    I wonder if anyone "in the know" can comment on an ipad release date for BG2....plenty of hype for the pc/Mac but no iOS love :(
    alnair
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @jamessh1: While I'm not sure I count as "in the know" (i.e. I'm not a Blue post) I can tell you that there has been several blue posts touching on this.

First and foremost, there is more going into the iPad version of both BG:EE(1.2) and BG2:EE than are in the windows/mac versions...a switch to the way the interface handles gestures being one of the big announcements...which would seem to be a better user experience overall.

For BG2:EE, again, "Blue" has announced that one of the things holding that up is a comprehensive design on how to properly import a character from BG1 to BG2 so you can start your BG2 game with your BG1 Save.

I think the best answer you're going to get is: It's in progress. There was a post on Trent's twitter feed a bit back with the release schedule ... not dates, but order of operations. I'd love to quote it for you, but I wouldn't want to get it wrong as I don't remember the order...it's out there in one of the posts here however.