Skip to content

Beholders are acting weird

Hi! I went into the Unseeing Eye Lair with the Shield of Balduran and the shield works but something seems to be up with the Beholders. They don't fire at my character but to the side (if I'm standing at 9 o'clock, they'll be firing at 11 o'clock). Basically, their targeting system seems to be off (and they are not firing in the direction of my other party members either). In the vanilla version you would slaughter the beholders and gauths in a matter of seconds, now you have to melee them to death. Anyone else noticed this? /J

Comments

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    I haven't fought beholders postpatch, but they were doing almost this prepatch at least. By almost I mean VISUALLY their aim was off, but they still did their utmost to kill themselves.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I'm postpatch and they are aiming incorrectly AND missing me.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Sounds like a bug. Maybe move this to the bug section for BGIIEE?
    @elminster - I wasn't sure if this was a bug, that's why I put it here. If more people have the same problem I'll make a post in BUGS!
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    I have observed the same problem with the animations, but the beams still hit me. Are you saying the shield isn't reflecting rays back? (I haven't used the shield in my game).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    :)
    edited November 2013
    @ryuken87
    At first they fired at me. Then they lost interest in me and fired in another direction (as described above) and did not hit me so there were no rays to bounce back. Since I sent in Viconia with a sling it took ages to kill the bastards...