Skip to content

Need help with making an item mod.

RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
Hi

i am new to trying to mod with the infinity engine and after an hr plus of unsuccessfully trying to follow the modding guide i have decided to come to the forums to seek help.

I would like to learn how to make an item mod for BG2EE, following the guide i downloaded IEEP, WinBif and Infinity Explorer, however i was unable to find the files exported out with Infexp to the override files with WinBif

I was wondering if an experienced modder could mentor me for a while and help me make a test item to learn the basics of it.

For my test i exported a normal bastard sword SW1H01.ITM to the override folder using InfExp and the following spells Spellstrike and Wail of the Banshee SPWI903.SPL and SPWI913.SPL. My idea was to later mod the Bastard sword to +5 and adding the 2 spell effects on hit to see if it could work. However when i opened WinBif and loaded the chitin.key i could not find the item files in the Items.bif

Can someone who knows how to do this pls help me understand what i am doing wrong?

Regards

Comments

• TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    I'm seconding this. Anyone have any good links to an item modding tutorial? One preferably explaining how to get your items into the game via an NPC's store?

The ones I've managed to dig up are all (literally!) years old.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    My advice would be to use DLTCEP, the latest version can always be downloaded here. If you don't know how to initialize DLTCEP, read this document. It's a tutorial I wrote, but only the section on DLTCEP applies here.

You probably want to use WeiDU to package the mod & add items to stores without breaking other mods.
    I've implemented a very simple item mod myself here, so I would suggest taking a look at it and perhaps using the TP2 file as a basic template. If you want to know more about WeiDU, read the documentation, especially the section on adding store items.
    edited November 2013

My advice would be to use DLTCEP, the latest version can always be downloaded here. If you don't know how to initialize DLTCEP, read this document. It's a tutorial I wrote, but only the section on DLTCEP applies here.

You probably want to use WeiDU to package the mod & add items to stores without breaking other mods.
    I've implemented a very simple item mod myself here, so I would suggest taking a look at it and perhaps using the TP2 file as a basic template. If you want to know more about WeiDU, read the documentation, especially the section on adding store items.

This has been incredibly helpful! :O

Thank you very much!
    @Alkalurops

Just one question: for the DLTCEP .dat file setup, it should use BG2Effects.dat for BG2EE, right?
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    BG:EE and BG2:EE both use BG2Effects.dat