Skip to content

Game doesn't start anymore after mod-installation

KilmantorKilmantor Member Posts: 34
Hi guys,
i hope this is the right topic to post my problems.

My game doesn't start anymore when i start a New Game.

After the character creation my screen stays black and i see the cursor. I can load old savegames or start a new game in ToB - but not SoA.

I installed some mods all flagged as compatible with BG2:EE

I installed them in this order:

- NPC Mods (Angelo, Keto, Kelsey, Ninde, Adrian, Arath, Yasraena, Tashia)
- IEP Banters
- Imoen Friedship, Sarevok Friendship
- Back to Brynnlaw
- Sellswords
- Wheels of Prophecy
- aTweak Pack (not all components)
- SCS (Stratagems, not all components)

It was told that all mods and components where installed successfully - no inteferences.

Is there any way to find out what mod or component is disturbing my game?

thanks,

Kilmantor

Comments

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Have you installed/re-installed the mods after the patch?
  • KilmantorKilmantor Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2013
    I downloaded and installed BG2:EE (Steam) fresh today morning after finishig BG:EE. Same with all mods. When did the patch come out? Did it break the compatibility of some mods flagged as compatible for BG2:EE in the thread here?
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Oh.. I think it was released on the 21st.. so it's really possible that it broke one of those mods. I always have to recheck my mod, too for that case.
  • CalantyrCalantyr Member Posts: 8
    It was indeed broken somewhere. I have exactly the same problem even with a clean reinstall of everything.
    edited November 2013
    Some components of SCS and sTweaks are broken or "installed with warnings (i.e. more intelligent Illithids, Sahuagin, Githyanki). I'm not quite sure but i think IEP Banters was the mod that caused my game to crash. I uninstalled it and now it seems to run clean.
  • ValendaleValendale Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2013
    I recently had to delete local content and download the game all over to get mods to even install, before, when I tried to install the Tweaks Pack I got a bunch of errors and recently noticed I got a lot of glitches when trying to start a new game. I could load my old one just fine but couldn't start a new one because it would lag then CTD during the opening sequence. It may be unrelated but the point is a clean install fixed everything, and now I can install mods just fine (still can't create items) and run the game with them new game and all. So maybe that will help in your case too.
    Have to correct myself, it was not IEP Banters but SCS - unfortunately something is broken with this mod. Maybe just one part but I can't figure out which one ...
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Yep, I can reproduce - incompatibility with the new patch. As a workaround, delete ar0602.bcs from your override. I'll try to upload a new version tomorrow.