Skip to content

Can you reacquire Kivan?

So having started a new BG:EE game with a series of mods that make the game tougher, I have found that I've spent a lot of time resting due to taking more damage etc. With this in mind, perhaps someone could help me.

The first thing I did after looting Gorion was going down to High Hedge and recruiting Kivan. Now, this is the first time I've played BG:EE, I have played Vanilla many times so when I approached Kivan, I expected him to initiate dialogue with me however he did not, so I talked to him and apparently this triggers a timer of 20 days (Since it was chapter 1) to get to the Bandit Camp (Or Office Vai I think satisfies too) or he will leave.

So as said, having spent a lot of time resting due to various tough encounters, the timer expired and he left. I didn't think much of it, I just expected him to be mooching around the Bandit Camp but upon getting there, he's no where to be found. I've explored the entire bandit camp but I can't see him. My question is, if an NPC leaves due to a timer expiring, are they completely removed from the game, never to be seen again or can I find Kivan somewhere else? I realise I can get Coran as well which, if I can't get Kivan again I'll probably do just that but it's still a bit frustrating as Kivan had some decent items on him.

Comments

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    In original BG, if companions left on their own because they were unhappy with you for whatever reason, they were gone for good. Some of them, like Xan or Viconia, can even disappear forever before joining you, if you don't meet their criteria for a leader.
    Unless I'm much mistaken, that wasn't changed in EE (at least I never saw Xan again after he run away from me in the mines), so I'd say you're stuck with Coran as your archer.
    As for items, well, there are plenty of even better items to acquire later in the game, and you'd probably end up selling the ones you had anyway, so just write them off as a HR-related loss and move on. ;)
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    Fair dos. Well, I am not overly fussed, he only had a composite longbow and some plate armour and I already have better than that so, no great shakes. Thanks for your reply.
  • TaevikTaevik Member Posts: 38
    You can't get him back. Kivan is gone. :/