Skip to content

Amaunator Statue Eye

So I'm in the evil dark corrupted temple of amaunator in the evil dark corrupted forest, and there's this statue doober you talk to and it gives you a pop quiz and then hits you with sunlight if you mess up.

My thief detects a trap on its eyeball, but the statue's got one of them there invisible NPC's sitting on it, so I can't loot it. When I go far enough away that the fog of war settles over it, I still can't click it or interact with it.

It's just this evil red eye socket on a statue, taunting me.

Anyone know what's up with this one?

Comments

• RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    If I remember correctly in BG2 the eye only contained a gem (diamond I think), so if you are having trouble getting it you aren't missing much. The way I got it was moving away until the fog covered the dialogue circle and I was then able to pick it up, as far as I can recall.
  • stargazerbstargazerb Member Posts: 57
    Huh. I always assumed it was a bug or just something forgotten by the developers. I didn't know it was possible to actually get to it.
  • JoviwanJoviwan Member Posts: 28
    thanks! I"ll try that ring thing as soon as I have one.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Aww, I just finished this quest. Spent a while beating on the statue trying to break it. I know it's only a diamond, but... a diamond is a diamond.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Oh wow, I remember that thing frustrating me to no end, way back when.
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    If you leave the room so you can't see the NPC then press tab you can still see the trap to disarm it then leave the room again to loot.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Walk away from the area, so the statue is covered in the fog of war. Then select a party member and go and loot the container. The party member will dither for a few moments when they collide with the statue, then loot the container anyway.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Really? What does the statue say?
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    "Thy work is done, Amaunators blessing upon thee"

Seriously, I thought I knew every trick, trap, secret, and everything else about BG2 ten years ago, but I never knew this. I'm shocked that there was anything left I didn't know. But this has to be the last thing I didn't know, right?

I always just used fog of war to get the diamond.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Dang, this was educational. I found the trap, and I tried to disarm it but stupid Yoshimo kept trying to pickpocket the statue. the fog of war thing doesn't seem to work for me. but now that i know about the statue being done with its mission i'm gonna go back and get the diamond.
    Just because
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited January 2014
    nano said:

I know it's only a diamond.

only in baldurs gate could that statement sound reasonable