Skip to content

Importing final-save from BG:EE

Hi all,

Just making sure I'm doing this right. I installed BG2 today and waned to import my BG1 character. I had to create the "save" folder because importing this character was the first thing I did. I copied my BG1 final save and pasted it into the BG2 save folder.

I then imported from that save and it looks like everything works fine, except I am seeing my BG1 final save IN my BG2 "Load Game" screen. When I click to load it, the game freezes, which seems like a reasonable response. Anyway, in the past, I'd never actually see the BG1 save in my BG2 loading screen, and I wanted to make sure I did it right in the Enhanced Edition. Is it normal to see the BG1 save as if it were a BG2 save, even though I obviously can't load it?

Comments

• wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    That happens for me as well. If having that save in your folder bothers you, you can delete it when you've saved a game with your new character, and you can export your Charname from inside your new BG2 game. Alternatively you can import your exported character from BG1 instead of the save game.
  • Dux89Dux89 Member Posts: 47
    wednesday said:

That happens for me as well. If having that save in your folder bothers you, you can delete it when you've saved a game with your new character, and you can export your Charname from inside your new BG2 game. Alternatively you can import your exported character from BG1 instead of the save game.

Nah doesn't bother me, just wanted to make sure it was normal!

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes, it's normal. The games use the same save format (which they didn't in the original release), so they're showing up in the standard list of games.

It's not strictly intended behavior, though.