Skip to content

Does the export pause trick to keep inventory work at the beginning of the game?

I want to keep my inventory from BG1 by pausing and dropping the items. I have never performed this trick or used (m)any bugs, but now I am testing it out. I press spacebar after character creation, but I can't get it to work. The most I can get is the inventory to flash for a microsecond with the items I want to keep, if I press "I". Does it work in BG2:EE? If so, how do I do it?

Sieur de La Cornbread

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    No.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    There is a much simpler way of keeping your stuff. I updated the scripts for some of Irenicus' assistants to reflect the fact that they took your stuff. If you want it back then all you have to do is take it from them. Oh...they didn't just take your equipment--they actually equipped it because your stuff is better then what they had.
  • AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2013
    If you really want your BG1 items that bad. Start a multiplayer game and after the initial cutscene save and load and then add your character again as a second character when setting up the game. Empty it's inventory and kick the character. Save and then move the save game to the "normal"(non-multiplayer) save folder in my documents.
  • Gentlemen, I hereby deliver many thanks unto your persons. I bear witness that your words have rung true, and as you bask in my sublime gratitude, be comforted, and know that the slight shiver of your subconscious mind heralds not angst but the very nature of contentment.

Sieur de La Cornbread