Skip to content

Video Issue/Flickering......Getting Ridiculous

SaiaxsSaiaxs Member Posts: 12
edited November 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Since installing the newest driver from Nvidia, both BG:EE and EE2 flicker uncontrollably in full screen. No amount of changes to the Nvidia control panel has fixed it. any suggestions?

my "rig":

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Nvidia Geforce 650 GTX
8.00 GB ram
Post edited by Saiaxs on

Comments

• SaiaxsSaiaxs Member Posts: 12
    Iv'e also done the trick of disabling triple buffering but it didn't work
  • granola505granola505 Member Posts: 17
    have you tried running the game off of the integrated graphics instead of your graphics card?
    how do i do that?
    if your using nvidia control panel to make changes you can do it throught that. on the 3d settings page, click the program settings tab. click "add" and browse for the baldur.exe file. mine defaulted to something like c:/program files x86/beamdog/games/00783/baldur.exe. then its the setting on the drop down box for "select your preferred graphics processor" your should see your video card listed, and also some type of motherboard based integrated graphics option. this should let you run only baldurs gate on the integrated graphics so you dont screw up any of your other games settings.
    "select your preferred graphics processor" isn't there
    then id go with what sylvus mentioned. when u restart your computer, the very first screen that appears(usually related to the pc brand:hp,dell,acer) it should have a few options in some corner of the screen. i think mine(dell) is like f2 safe mode f10 setup. if you dont have anything listed like that, just mash the "F" keys one at a time on startup until u get the right one. one should get you the the bios setup sylvus mentioned. the options in that should be pretty straight forward, just dont mess with anything you dont understand. you should see something about default graphics card, just change the setting to "integrated"