Skip to content

True Seeing doesn't work

True seeing should see through and immediately cancel any from of invisibility. Does it only work once per round or something ridiculous? Thieves using invisibility potions are able to backstab my party with nothing I can do about it? Any tips and suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Yeah, it only goes off once per round.

This sometimes means enemy thieves can re-stealth and backstab in the window, but they usually don't hit too hard anyway. Have your mages use Stoneskin or Mirror Image, and your other characters can probably just tank it.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    You can try and reveal them with glitterdust or similar spells.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    True Seeing works on rolls, from what I recall. But True Seeing/True Sight is potent for dealing with mages, which is what it's mostly there for, especially those dumb mages that cast invisibility, mislead, or god knows what other illusion spells they have to make them absolutely aggravating to fight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    Actually, true seeing as implemented is nearly useless against high level mages. They will put up an invisibility like mislead at the same time as combat protections (protection from magical weapons) and spell protection (spell trap or spell turning). You have to wait for true seeing to 'hit', and then it will take you one or two rounds to get rid of the protections (you have to use ruby ray/warding whip/etc, followed by breach) at which point they'll just put everything back up again, assuming they haven't already cast Time Stop and wiped you out. The best way to kill a highlevel mage is to either backstab him before he puts up protections, or bomb him with AoE spells that don't require a specific target like Abi-Dalzim's and Comet. I find it particularly fun to use Improved Alacrity, followed by three or four Comets (my charname is a sorcerer wearing the Robe of Vecna). I call it Zoroaster's Comet Swarm. :D