Skip to content

How many times have you purchased Baldur's Gate?

I purchased:
- The original on CDs in a very tall cardboard protective case and the original ToTSC CDs.
- The DVD release
- The GoG release
- The Enhanced Edition twice: Once from Beamdog, once from Steam (because the Beamdog downloader is terrible)

The same applies with BG2 and ToB, except that I haven't purchased it from Steam yet. I'm hoping the Beamdog installer will get "advanced" features like letting me choose where my games install)

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    The original CDs
    The DVD re release
    The enhanced editions.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    8 separate purchases, all told.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Original CDs of BG, TotSC, BG2 and ToB
    GOG release of BG & BG2
    EE release of BG & BG2

So.. 3x BG and 3x BG2.. and I would get both a 4th time, if there'll ever be another enhanced/remade version I guess *^_^* !!
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    once prior to the EE
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    edited November 2013
    original BG and BG2 and all their expansions
    BG2 on GoG
    BG EE on Steam and Beamdog
    BG2 EE on Beamdog
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    edited November 2013
    I have a collection that has BG1, TOSTC, BG2 and ToB along with a few other of the Bioware D&D games...
    I bought BG1 from GoG
    I bought BGEE from Beamdog
    I bought BG2 from Gamersgate while waiting for BG2EE, my discs had seen too much use and refuse to work properly...
    Then BG2EE on Beamdog
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2013
    I bought the original and ToTSC on CD. BG2 on CD then ToB, and then I bought it again on DVD because one of the discs got damaged.

And then I got all of them on GOG because I was having problems installing/getting them to run on my new PC. And then the EE's from Beamdog.

So, 3 x BG and 4 x BG2.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    And on just about every other forum, all I hear is complaints that BGEE / BG2EE are too expensive.
  • CatoblepasCatoblepas Member Posts: 96
    Baldur's Gate I twice, TotSc once, and Baldur's Gate II+ToB.....three times? It's hard to keep track sometimes since I have sold/lost a few of my copies.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    original series of both BG1 and BG2 multiple times, usually because my discs would get all scratched up so I'd have to mix and match. After doing that a few times I torrented a copy (i still had the discs but my comp couldn't read so it was legal)

And my computer exploded recently which was just enough time to purchase and play BG:EE and then BG2:EE came out a month later so that was nice.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited November 2013
    1.The Original CDs (with all expansions)
    2. GoG (All Infinity Engine games)
    3. Enhanced Edition
    4. Enhanced Edition (Second copy for my wife)