Skip to content

Game crash with CH5 rest

RB178RB178 Member Posts: 25
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Hi, My game crashes when I want to rest my party after finishing the cloakwood missions. I just entered CH5 and after resting it tries to load the dream scene. Sometimes it loads, but mostly it doesn't. Regardless, after this the game crashes. I sent the bugreport, but I would like to know if there is a global variable for this dream sequence? If so, I want to set it as if it has already been finished, so I can bypass this dream (about the river of blood or something). Can anyone give me a pointer for this variable? Or any other way to bypass this crash? I can play, but I cannot rest.

I am also experiencing another problem which may or may not be connected. Most of the times I cannot save or rest anyway ("you may not rest at this time"). I can load an autosave game after which I can save and rest again (although currently the resting part causes the game to crash), but when I move to a different area on the map, the resting and saving problem occurs again.

I updated my video drivers to the latest version (Geforce GT 630M). Also tried re-installing and updating all the other components suggested by the beamdog help page. Running Windows 7 and installed the following mods:

DiffTweak
Packmule
AR (TeamBG's Armors)
W (TeamBG's Weapons)
SA (High level abilities)
ConvenientAmmunition
Neera Expansion Content
Wandcase
Wmart
Charan's Max Hit Point roll companions
Continue game
NewWorld
XPcap L40
High Level Abilities

And the following expansions
DarkHorizons
Karatur
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• RB178RB178 Member Posts: 25
    I have resolved the issue. There is a bug which causes the crash when the potion of acid burst is stored in the potion bag. The item codes are as follows :
    Potion of acid burst CMPOT02
    Potion bag CMBAG06

I got on this track by another post about an elven chainmail which causes the game to crash while stored in the bag of holding. (https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22916/game-crashing-on-rest)
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited November 2013
    Those are mod-added items, probably from Dark Horizons if I'm not mistaken by their prefix.

As a wild guess, I blame potion's incorrect charge removal flag which somehow conflicts with the recovery of charges of items in containers when the party rests.