Skip to content

1PP legacy shields in BG2 EE?

AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
Hey guys,

I'm glad that Erephine's work has been incorporated into BGEE and BG2 EE; I really love the graphical enhancements!
But what about the legacy shields in BG2 EE? Imo the BG2 shields look so silly and unmatching; to me, shields have to look like the "classic" ones with medieval design!

In short:
Is it possible to bring Erephine's 1pp legacy shields back into BG2 EE? Should I try to install Erephine's mod (if that's possible at all)?

I'd really appreciate your help - there are two things I can't stand in BG2:
1) These awful shields and
2) that silly "oh, I almost stumbled over my two-hander"-two handed weapon animation. (yeah I know, there's nothing you can do about animations because they got lost bababa, but anyway... *G*)

Cheers,
Akuro

Comments

• TalarashaTalarasha Member Posts: 62
    I believe that legacy shield already in game, just not as a regular one. From what I see, Shield of Harmony is a nice and round as it was back to the old days, and I think there was a kite medium too... Just the regular, unintresting shields keeps BG2-style. So, if even that is not enough for, it is possible to manually edit shields (or their animations) to suit you needs.
  • AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    Thank you for that clarification! It should be a child's play to change the appearance of the shields with the available modding tools, as long as the artwork is "in the game". :)