Skip to content

Haer'Dalis/Aerie question

So that tiefling punk is flirting with my girl. I'm planning on dumping his ass for Mazzy. Will getting rid of him before the love triangle confrontation mess with my Aerie romance? He is a good NPC and all but I have no need of a bard and am lacking an archer.

Comments

• jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    Thanks for the insightful response Murray.
    LOL. I have no real anger over this, just playing around a bit. Can anyone answer the question without sounding like a holier-than-thou ass?
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    I found the whole thing kind of interesting. The only annoying thing is that...

If Aerie chooses you (just refuse to fight when he challenges you to a duel), he immediately leaves, taking all the items you gave him with him. Damn thief

Anyways, it doesn't mess with the romance at all to kick him.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Hey, you're the leader, lay down the law! Can't have underlings groping your girl and eyeing your position. Make an example out of him... or I guess you can politely ask him to leave if you're one of them pansy good types.
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    Have Aerie cast Flesh to Stone on him. That gets him out of your hair.
    He died during the battle against Firkraag last night, I rezzed him, but I think that must have reset his status with Aerie because when I got the 'love' conversation after not sleeping with her he didn't object. Still, later on he got the boot to make room for Mazzy. I had 3 other better casters already (charname, Jan and Aerie) and as a Kensage I was a better DD. His time with the party was at an end, I let him keep his swords and the melodic mail.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    why question is , Does he romance Aerie if i'm NOT? I wouldnt mind them finding love while me and Jaheira or Viconia hook up, but is he only interested in her when Aerie is into me? (aka one of those guys)
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Felspawn said:

why question is , Does he romance Aerie if i'm NOT? I wouldnt mind them finding love while me and Jaheira or Viconia hook up, but is he only interested in her when Aerie is into me? (aka one of those guys)

He'll try to start a romance with her no matter what your deal with her is. Depending on how far along you are with her (if at all) the outcome will be different.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think Aerie eventually breaks up with him, though. I might be wrong.

I think you're right, and it makes sense. He's a CN planar douchebag who would have likely tired of her soon and gone on to the next flower, so to speak.

• KastianKastian Member Posts: 30
    They have a whole mess of dialogue back and forth, mostly Haer'Dalis is poetry, poetry, life is so bleak, you're depressed my wingless *insert bird name*, lets make a play, i love you, oh yeah but well we're going to end, everything is death and decay and entropy (atleast he is consistent with his love of words and the name of his sword), blah blah bloody blah. More damnable poetry.
    I actually found Aerie less whiny and far less chocked full of complaining when she's with Haer'Dalis than if she is with Charname, perhaps everyone should step aside and let them have love, atleast until Haer'Dalis makes a wonderful chew toy distraction for a dragon whilst useful people cast their spells. (or is it just me who takes the death of an npc i have no intention of using in the future as a nice conversation free departure from my team?)
    jukaga said:

I think you're right, and it makes sense. He's a CN planar douchebag who would have likely tired of her soon and gone on to the next flower, so to speak.

well it's more like she realized they didn't have much in common and it wouldn't work out.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    It's only when you romance her that any of Aerie's 'complaining' really comes out. Haer'Dalis just keeps her distracted with all the acting and gibberish and all his 'why use one word when ten will do'... but, yeah, it doesn't work out in the end. Which leaves her available for Imoen.
    Meh, Aerie isn't bad, honestly, it's that Bioware played her victim card a bit too much. Deep down she is actually a nice person, though she can get mean when she needs to stick up for herself to others, especially other women vying for CHARNAME's affection.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    i cant really blame them
  • I enjoy watching Haer'dalis and Aerie's romance unfold. One of the ironies, as others have pointed out, is that it's Aerie that ends up dumping Haer'dalis, though when that happens exactly depends on the plot progression relative to their romance.

And @Coutelier is spot on that Aerie really only comes off as whiny in her lovetalks with CHARNAME. While she's a bit of a wallflower with most NPCs, she's only really angsty when you're trying to romance her.
    @Felspawn that's amazing, do you know who made that?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Nixxi. You can find it all in the Fan Creations forum here.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    She gets kind of bad ass in TOB must be her mothering instincts.