Skip to content

Is there a way to separate a BGEE couple without killing one?

JasonPogoJasonPogo Member Posts: 24
Ok so I really want to use Jaheira but don't want to kill Khalid. Just for a roleplaying standpoint. I will prob want to do the same with Minsc and Dynaheir.

Comments

• SharShar Member Posts: 158
    Kill Jaheira, remove Khalid, resurrect Jaheira. Also google would tell you this much faster than forum.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    You can send Khalid into a building and remove from party. As long as you don't go in Jaheira won't leave.
    @shar that kinda involves killing...
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited November 2013
    Enter in a house with Khalid alone then kick him from the party.

nano said:

He only specified not killing Khalid.

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    petrification is technically not murder...
    Shar said:

nano said:

without killing one.

also for rp reasons it's kinda dumb
    nano said:

Shar said:

nano said:

without killing one.

also for rp reasons it's kinda dumb
    No matter how i look at the question it still only says not killing Khalid. Also Khalid cant find his way out of the house? What he can't fit through the door or something? Thats some brilliant role play there...

I do apologize if it came out bit harsh i mean no disrespect, its just i think both scenarios are... unlikely from rp point of view...
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited November 2013
    For RP purposes, Khalid is going to their home in Beregost to raise their adopted children. Jahiera has business to attend to.

When you say "kill", does "basilisk bait" constitute as killing them? I mean, they die during the adventure and all.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    If they die to a monster, you aren't responsible for their death.

'Hey Khalid, Imoens getting rather tired. Do you mind scouting Mutamin's Garden for us? We need a big strong tank like you to make sure the area is safe, we wont survive without a scout and you're our best option'.

Khalid feels special and skips away to explore. 30 seconds later, he is now a statue.
    I just loaded one of my saves. Polymorphed Khalid into a squirrel then removed him. Jaheira doesnt leave though unfortunately squirrel turns hostile upon removal. Rp reasoning behind that was: Xzar turns batshit crazy morphs Khalid for no reason then you either shank Xzar or kick him out. But forced to look a for Khalids cure without him.
  • scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    Just kill Khalid! :) Just as well because.... ~Spoilers~
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited November 2013
    Weigh Khalid down with excess equipment until he can't move, then boot him out; if he can't physically reach you to give you the departure line, he can't trigger Jaheira's departure.
    Post edited by shawne on
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Seduce Jaheira and let Khalid "accidentally" find out about it. If he gets mad just shout boo and he'll flee in panic.
  • jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
    SCS has an option to separate, and an easy to use installer.
    shawne said:

Weigh Khalid down with excess equipment until he can't move, then boot him out; if he can't physically reach you to give you the departure line, he can't trigger Jaheira's departure.

I dont think that works for some reason khalid can move with any tonnage when not in the party.