Skip to content

Lilacor Quest? (spoilers)

BG2EE - How do you place the items in/at the pipes for the lilacor quest? I have them all and I thought you used your quick slots to place them but that doesn't work (wrong item type) and dropping them in front of the pipes doesn't seem to work either. A quick check for walkthroughs didn't offer anything specific enough...

(I only did this a gazillion times in Vanilla but it's been years since I played BG2 and my memory is shot)

Comments

• KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    just click on the pipes :)
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    sigh... I have 4 items - each one must go with a certain pipe - if I drop all but the one that goes with that pipe and click it - I get zapped - if I drop each appropriate item in front of each pipe and then click the pipes I just get the poems - how do I place the proper item at the proper pipe?
  • superliminaldudesuperliminaldude Member Posts: 27
    It's a puzzle, you have to put them in in a specific order. The old man who was friends with the carrion crawler gives you hints.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Don't drop anything also.
    I know its a puzzle I cant figure out how to PLACE the items so the game knows they are in the proper place - leaving them in my inventory doesn't work - taking them out doesn't work they wont go in the quick slots (wrong item type) what else is there that I am not doing?

Please be SPECIFIC!
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You just click on you the pipes with the items in your inventory. You should get the 'arrow circle' use icon when your mouse hovers over them. Just click the pipes in the right order with the items on you.
  • superliminaldudesuperliminaldude Member Posts: 27
    Just clicking on the respective pipes places the item (they have to be in you inventory). If you're placing them in the wrong order that's why you're getting zapped. Quallo gives you clues on the order you need to place them.
    Apparently the "right order" is:

the third pipe from the left (first) then the far left pipe (second) then the 2nd pipe from the left (third) then the pipe on the right (last)

You also apparently have to click near the "bend" in the pipe to get it to take the item - (as opposed to the end of the pipe).

Found an old thread at Ironworks that sorted it out for me... Thanks