Skip to content

BG2:EE Dorn (No Spoilers please)

I traveled with Dorn in a mixed alignment party in BG1. I liked the interaction between him and my PC because my PC wasn't of the same alignment. I was thinking of recruiting him when I came across him in the Temple district, but he was wanting to do something that was against my PC's alignment (plus Anomen started complaing... big surprise. lol). Is it possible to have him join a non-evil party and do you get any worthwhile interactions from him because of it?

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    His questline requires evil actions, and lots of them. If you're RPing a character who wouldn't compromise on that, he won't be a good fit.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    edited November 2013
    While you could easily justify taking Dorn with you on a BG:EE run if you had a good or neutral party, it's really not justifiable for a mixed party in BG2:EE. His first quest is hilarious, but irreparably evil. His next one, pretty evil. His last quest, is not inherently evil, but if you stuck around with him that long, you're probably evil and will play it evil.

Basically if you play with him, you can have him make "better" or "less evil" choices, but really, it's like getting reduced fat ice cream instead of the full fat. You're still eating ice cream.

For character interactions, I'm not sure. I know he will fight with several NPCs, but I ended up having a mostly evil + Jaheira or Neera run so I don't know exactly who he will fight with.
    Post edited by AcridSyphilis on
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I was a little mystified that his third quest has a bunch of good-aligned answers you can give NPC's, offering to try and help them out and bring peace and kindness and what not.

Considering the atrocities you happily commit in his quests, Charname's moral compass must be pretty broken if those lines are chosen.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i'm taking him through a mixed group too (NG charname, rasaad, hexxat, neera, dorn, imoen) and even in the first quest my charname was a little like "wow this guy's evil"
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Thanks for the info. Looks like it's evil only play throughs for him then.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Well, yes. He's a blackguard taking orders from a tanar'ri, after all. :)