Skip to content

(SPOILERS) Question about the first statue in Amaunator Temple

raerae Member Posts: 35
I mean the statue asking about the rituals of morning, noon and evening. I thought maybe it had some items, but the thief is only able to pickpocket, not disarm nor pickup items from the trapped area. I tried to kill the statue, but was unable, even with shapechange to mindflayer.
Maybe it's only a way of implementing the punishement, to use it when you fail the questions. Or maybe there's hidden goods :P
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• GeLLieGeLLie Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2013
    I think there are a kind of jewel, but can't remember .. I accessed it, when I did my ranger stronghold quest...
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Be nice if you took that spoiler out of the title and labeled the topic as a spoiler - there are people on here who have not been there yet!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    To protect it from Boo
  • jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    Wanderon said:

Be nice if you took that spoiler out of the title and labeled the topic as a spoiler - there are people on here who have not been there yet!

I don't think that is necessary in a spoiler forum, there are clearly labeled no-spoiler forums.

• raerae Member Posts: 35
    GeLLie said:

I think there are a kind of jewel, but can't remember .. I accessed it, when I did my ranger stronghold quest...

How did you do? Maybe it's only accesible during the ranger quest.

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    In the old bg2 if you go enough far from the statue you can aim the thieving ability to the eye.
    The first time you do this you disarm the trap, the second time you can loot the eye.
    But I'm afraid you can't do that anymore in bg2ee.
    Maybe after you complete the ritual you can loot the eye (not sure about this, but it would be the logical solution)
  • GeLLieGeLLie Member Posts: 22
    Exactly. I did it in my ranger stronghold quest, but I could not do it before that.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    jukaga said:

Wanderon said:

I don't think that is necessary in a spoiler forum, there are clearly labeled no-spoiler forums.

If you read the forum rules or the notes posted about spoilers you will see that spoilers in topic titles are NEVER appropriate - people can choose to open a topic or not they cant "not see" the title - the purpose of a spoiler forum is to ALLOW spoilers within a topic and spoiler tags are still suggested!

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Which part of the title is spoily?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The title mentions the existence of a trap that, for new players, may ruin the surprise. I've spoilerized it.