Skip to content

BG2:EE Romances / Bad Party Combinations

IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
I haven't delved into a lot of the romances, to be honest and thus have a few questions. (Also, new characters so don't know how they all mix up and explode.)

So, currently, for some bizarre reason, Viconia, Aerie, Dorn and Neera are ALL flirting with me, (I only want Dorn, but don't want to anger my other party members at the same time.)

Also, which party members are good and bad together? (And by that, I mean, Dorn, Rasaad, Neera and Hexxat, who do they not mix with?)

Thanks in advance!

~Tubby

I know about [Spoiler]Neera and Edwin = Bad. Anomen + Dorn = Bad.

Comments

• AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Hexxat and Mazzy, Anomen, and Keldorn = bad. Rasaad and ToB NPC = bad.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    @Akihiko

So, basically, Rasaad has no quarrels with anyone, then? O.o

I'm gonna have to nab Hexxat and see why she doesn't get on with Mazzy... I find that quite intriguing. I understand why Keldorn and Anomen don't... But Mazzy O.o
    Yup, Rasaad is a pretty amiable guy. And remember, Mazzy is essentially a paladin, even if her character sheet says fighter. ;)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I've heard Hexxat has a conflict with Valygar as well, but I haven't seen it so cannot confirm.

Dorn has a conflict with Keldorn.
    Dang it, I always forget about Dorn, don't I?
    Oh, doh! Indeed she is quite the adventurer.

I was just about to post does Hexxat have any quarrels with Valygar, as I can see that happening. In fact, it was the first one I expected after finding out about Hexxat in-depth. o.o

Hexxat seems to be the core for all evil parties... Which I expected, but not the point where you really can't have her with any other types. :o Well, with my parties, anyways.

Also, does Cernd have any banters/quarrels with any new NPCs?
    I can sense a Cernd and Hexxat going badly...
    It's kinda funny, because when she's *in* an evil party, she really doesn't come across as that evil. A lot of her more questionable moral behaviour never comes up at all (presumably because nobody cares).
    Naturally. The dark and ignored Hexxat. :P >No Spoilers but I think we all know what I'm referring too<
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Well, Hexxat gets kind of clever when it comes to Cernd. Ha.
    MUST EXPERIENCE THIS BANTER.

I wish someone would make a video of all Banters though... I'd watch it over and over. Beats waiting around xd
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    edited November 2013
    The romances are acting a bit weird for me, too (I'm in a similar situation where I'm trying to romance Dorn). Basically, with characters like Aerie, you get two options, "I think you're beautiful" and "shut up, already."

So when you're just being nice, it triggers the romance, and then she gets upset if you sleep with someone else :/ The day after Viconia joined the party, she told me that I'm getting too close to Dorn, and that we're through with each other... even though she hadn't had a single romance talk up to that point. Jaheira also said things would never be the same between us if I kicked her out the party. This was only a few days after getting into Athkatla... sheesh, you got over Khalid quickly :/ Anyway, it's annoying, but it won't cause anyone to leave the party and won't stop you from romancing Dorn.

A lot of people are complaining about Dorn hitting on you, but at least he *gives* you an option to end the romance right there.
    Well, I got out of the Dungeon, picked up Dorn, and suddenly everyone is blood romancing me straight after Dorn's romance dialogue starts. XD Or rather, the step before that... or something... It's as if all my characters suddenly became really jealous and decided they'd want to sleep with CHARNAME... At least Cernd isn't romantically interested in my! (Now I'm imaging some horrible fan pic of chibi party with a metro Cernd... Oh dear lord, the fan girl within me!!)

At least Cernd isn't romantically interested in my! (Now I'm imaging some horrible fan pic of chibi party with a metro Cernd... Oh dear lord, the fan girl within me!!)

A Cernd fanfiction? A Cernd fanfiction where he is romantically interested in CHARNAME?! That is the stuff of fable! I may have to write this. :O
    To be honest @SapphireIce101 I really want to get into modding, so that I can create Romance options for PCs like Cernd and those without a Romance, which I believe all characters should've had a romance of some description. :p
    edited November 2013
    And absolutely definitely not pick up where the Chrysta PC mod left off... :3
    @Icecreamtub - I've always wanted to create a mod NPC, but I can't really figure out why they want CHARNAME's help, or what they're doing in the Sword Coast anyway.

I've also wanted to write a Safana Romance too, but I don't take her with me enough to even see how she reacts with other NPCs.

As for Cernd, I was really hoping that she would write that romance...since she kind of spoiled a bunch of us with his Romantic Encounter in the Romantic Encounters mod... D:
    @SapphireIce101 Same. However; I can do it for CHARNAME, so the bit where we differ, is that I could write sooo many interesting story lines. After all, it only takes another fleeting B...SPOILER... or a Fleeting Bard, a Princess who seeks you as her saviour... The misunderstood Man whose encountered Amnesia... I find Biographies quite easy to write, actually. xd I really wanna get into Modding D; It'd be like a hobby dream come true 0.0

I'm surprised that she didn't have one, given her back story and how much of a dirty little saucy flirt she is! I love Safana, you just reminded me I still need to go and enjoy the joys of Faldorn! (I'm annoyed at how she entered BG2... Coincidentally, I'm actually at that part of the story in BG2EE and I'm dreading it. I hate what happens and it really annoys me.)

Whut? ._.
    In all fairness, most of the cameos of BG1 characters in BG2 are pretty terrible. I'm not entirely sure why they're even there most of the time =/
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Garrick's was impressive
    @Eudaemonium Quite. I'm really unimpressed with a lot of the BG1 returns... I'd expected them to at least be unimportant PCs you had the option to take with you. Instead, however... [Spoiler]They were put into the game, only to be murdered countlessly for no real reason other than as some "joke cameo".

Garrick's was impressive

Garrick's was *funny*, but there was no real reason why it needed to be Garrick. I think that's what bothers me about all the cameos. There's no reason for them to be the NPCs in question, and quite often it actually seems worse because they act so insanely out of character.
    My favorite cameo was Coran's. I mean, his being near Suldanesselar made sense because, he is an elf, and he is from the Forest of Tethyr, then add the fact that Safana used him to get a bounty, and you just feel kind of sad for the guy. Now, if only he would go help Suldanesselar. *Plays Coran NPC.*

P.S. Thank you @kulyok for making Coran an NPC for BG2 and BG2EE.
    edited November 2013
    Garrick's was interesting and probably the closest-to-character Cameo that it had...

Faldorn's was just... Insane. It fits, a little, but to do what she did? No. Absolutely not. I still haven't taken her in BG1, but I'm pretty damn sure nobody in their right mind would actually go as far as doing what she did...

I can't remember all the BG2 Cameos, but I'm pretty sure a fair few of them are missing?

EDIT: Oh oh let's not forget poor, poor Ajantis! I didn't actually know it was him until I happened to come across some random information on the quest. That bothered me, also. I mean, think about the poor Mr. K!
    The only NPCs that I can remember not having a cameo are....Kivan, Xan, Shar-Teel, and Alora.
    Xan has an appearance. Tutorial.
    edited November 2013
    Skye has an appearance? When? Where? Why? How? What on earth for? xD

EDIT: Also, Quayle. What is up with that... How does he /not/ recognize you. IN FACT, why do NONE of them Recognize you? :|
    edited November 2013
    Ah, yes, and there is Branwen in the tutorial too. So, really its just Kivan, Shar-Teel, and Alora who don't get a cameo. Which, is understandable in Kivan's case, because he is probably on his way home to go die so then he can go be with Deheriana in the afterlife.
    As much as I love Kivan, there's really no point to his entire existence... Get revenge > Easily done > No point to him anymore. :'c

Shar-Teel was always that randomer, so her no Cameo in BG2 makes sense... I guess.

I never managed to get Alora either, but I assume her Happy-Go-Lucky style of attitude got her killed before Amn ever happened. XD

Garrick's was impressive

Garrick's was *funny*, but there was no real reason why it needed to be Garrick. I think that's what bothers me about all the cameos. There's no reason for them to be the NPCs in question, and quite often it actually seems worse because they act so insanely out of character.
    @Eudaemonium
    I think Garrick's horrible judgement and luck with women (Silke and Skie) was shown well. I thought his BGII cameo was very much in character, and quite amusing.

I actually like Safana's and Coran's. Safana is a pirate, and thus liable to be greedy and betray you. Coran is a lovestruck horndog who still has a bit of a heart, and therefore would not be happy. The fact that they were together made it for me.

Ajantis's sucked, especially since I liked the character. Xzar and Monty are ones I really was disappointed in as well (I like both characters a lot). Quayle was a "WTF who the hell is this?" type moment.

Also... how was TIAX not in character?????????????????????

The Darkest Day mod did a good job filling in the blanks
    a. Shar-Teel in the prison: brilliant
    b. Kivan in the outskirt town: obvious
    c. Yeslick in the Temple District (should also have Branwen there)
    d. Kagain in the Gate (shoulda been opening up shop in Waukeen's Promenade. I'd like it if he was only a merchant, no longer an adventurer. "There's no money in this")

Woulda liked to see (none of these needed to be necessarily recruitable)
    a. Alora pickpocketing unaware merchants in Trademeet
    b. Eldoth in the Shadow Thieves (maybe with Skie, but I think it would be better if they did not last)
    c. Branwen in the temple district or trying to defeat Umar
    d. Ajantis not doomed (maybe a trainer for the Order of the Radiant Heart since he was Keldorn's Squire... perhaps he is a rival of Anomen's), and some more choices with Xzar and Monty
    e. XAN as the unpleasable critic in the Five Flagon's Inn Theater (sigh... this play is so pointless)

Ah, yes, and there is Branwen in the tutorial too. So, really its just Kivan, Shar-Teel, and Alora who don't get a cameo. Which, is understandable in Kivan's case, because he is probably on his way home to go die so then he can go be with Deheriana in the afterlife.

Also Yeslick, Eldoth, Kagain and Skie