Skip to content

BG2:EE Romances / Bad Party Combinations

2»

Comments

• IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    I think most people forget about Tiax, seeing as a lot of people just skip SS altogether...
    I always found Tiax to be adorable. :3

And yeah... Every time I save Quayle/Aerie, I just want to get my spell book and slap him about with a few spells... He's nothing like Quayle, at all. [Spoiler](Unless you add him to the party via CLUA, then he seems to act just like old Quayle due to the imports or something...?)

I'm somewhat glad Skie wasn't put into BG2... She'd be a terrible addition and would probably have been killed off in some gruesome mannerism due to her being so utterly useless... :p
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited November 2013
    Perhaps Skie could be a random barmaid somewhere who doesn't acknowledge you because either
    a. she's too embarrassed to be working class after her noble upbringing that she lost due to running away with a bad boy
    b. she broke up with Eldoth, who is not taking it well and is hunting her. Now she is hiding out in Amn.

quest idea: Perhaps you can choose sides. Eldoth wants to get her since she ran off with his loot. She wants you to kill him because she is scared. Yet when they both meet they lose it and fall in "love" again and run off together while charname facepalms himself and Minsc notes how cute a couple Boo thinks they make
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Possible explanations:

It's not really the same Quayle.

Or, it is the same Quayle, but from the future! Having, invented time travel while he was cracking an egg open for breakfast one day. I mean, he's obviously joined the circus and known Aerie much longer than the time that's passed since you last saw him in BG1. And when did he meet the Sigil Troupe? I believe there are planes where time flows a little differently.
    Coutelier said:

Possible explanations:

It's not really the same Quayle.

Or, it is the same Quayle, but from the future! Having, invented time travel while he was cracking an egg open for breakfast one day. I mean, he's obviously joined the circus and known Aerie much longer than the time that's passed since you last saw him in BG1. And when did he meet the Sigil Troupe? I believe there are planes where time flows a little differently.

Or Quayle lost a battle with the mighty TIAX and lost all his memories upon getting resurrected.
    I often thought about the planes theory. Quayle is supposedly the most intelligent gnome /ever/. So, it's completely logical to find out he was a Planes Traveling Mage. Which would explain why he thinks he's so intelligent. And he obviously did have a trip to the planes at some point, seeing as he met the Sigil Troupe.

I often thought about the planes theory. Quayle is supposedly the most intelligent gnome /ever/. So, it's completely logical to find out he was a Planes Traveling Mage. Which would explain why he thinks he's so intelligent. And he obviously did have a trip to the planes at some point, seeing as he met the Sigil Troupe.

Maybe he traveled the planes and lost his memory of you because... he is The Nameless One from Planescape: Torment 0_o

tun tun tuuuuuuuuuuuuuun
    No. Just no. Stop your silly insistent trolling, please! xD @booinyoureyes
    Also.

[Spoiler]I'm pretty sure, through experience, that if you add all the Cameos to your party, through the CLUA, they are all the BG1 representations they are. Not sure how Ajantis would work our, Feldorn or Safana, though. Never thought to actually save their asses through the CLUA... Must try this at some point. Having Feldorn travel the world with me in BG2 would be a dream come to true. MOD IDEAS BEING FUELED AS I TYPE! Eeeep!
    watch every new mod that comes out be all about Skie

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahp! Skie is so bad. So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so bad like how is she even like a decent companion in any sense of the word! RAAAARGH! Boils my blood to hear her name, especially since mine is Skye. ¬_¬

I mean, the whole Higher Class Rebel Adventurer is cute. But the fact she moans all the time is pretty annoying lmao. And the fact she's also "so deeply in love" bugs the erp43e outta me... ! D:
    Then wouldn't you want my mod idea to be implemented so you can brutally murder her and Eldoth after they kiss and make up?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2013

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahp! Skie is so bad. So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so bad like how is she even like a decent companion in any sense of the word! RAAAARGH! Boils my blood to hear her name, especially since mine is Skye. ¬_¬

I mean, the whole Higher Class Rebel Adventurer is cute. But the fact she moans all the time is pretty annoying lmao. And the fact she's also "so deeply in love" bugs the erp43e outta me... ! D:

All true, but maybe she can grow a bit. It says in her bio that she's interested in history, so maybe she could become the FR equivalent of Lara Croft (don't know if that's a good thing or not since I've never played those games. I feel like I must be the only male gamer who isn't in love with her polygons.)
    No, they can gracefully die of old age or stupidity, instead. A much more fitting end, Mother Nature, does, what Mother Nature does, best. @booinyoureyes

Skie... Becoming Lara Croft...

I think I just lost a part of my soul and love for Lara Croft with that comparison. XD