Skip to content

characters always auto attacking?

I dont know if this is a bug, but my characters always start attacking as soon as an enemy attacks them. I turned off AI, but they still do this. This can be trouble when im trying to have a character turn undead, but they end up going straight for their sling. Any advice?

Comments

• ambrennanambrennan Member Posts: 173
    Are you sure AI is turned off? Because in their infinite wisdom they have made the "toggled" button virtually indistinguishable from the "off" button.
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Member Posts: 38
    ty for responses, ill try this tonite
    Quick question, when i assign everyone to auto attack someone and that enemy is killed, they go ahead and take it upon themselves to attack the nearest enemy. Is this normal? I have all scripts off.
  • cervanntescervanntes Member Posts: 64
    I've never had that problem myself. If I have the AI button off, my folks just stand around dying if under attack, so I'm not sure what's going on with you. I've never tried using "none" as a script option, but I would expect the same behavior as having AI off (ie just standing around). I'm honestly not sure why you are having this problem if you've tried both turning off the AI and selection "none" for script. I did, however, notice that a couple of the scripts that came with the game do tend to disrupt turning undead, bard song, or detecting traps even when not in combat. Turning off the AI always fixed it for me, though. There are a few specialty scripts that do allow you to toggle these abilities in BGEE at least. I haven't looked through the BG2EE scripts enough to know if they have something similar.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    You could set them to the "cautious" scripts. They'll defend themselves if attacked, but will otherwise not attack enemies. There are a few different scripts, look for "passive" and "controlled".
    Thanks for the responses everyone
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    What I have problems with is controlling summons. With ai off they never listen and run into my fireballs, then go hostile to me. I can control my own characters however.

Also hi kasumi! :)
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    edited November 2013
    It is unfortunate but yeah, sometimes the situation calls for you switching scripts regularly. I try not to rely on them too much but when they are (defaulted) set to "none", they will kill an enemy and then stand around doing nothing while more enemies continue to attack them or allies.

I usually have my front liners defaulted to standard script and none for my casters/rangers, but there are many situations where standard is not a very good choice (trying to be sneaky, for example) ;)

It can be kind of an annoying series of micromanagement to keep remembering to change/swap out scripts.

What I have problems with is controlling summons. With ai off they never listen and run into my fireballs, then go hostile to me. I can control my own characters however.

I both feel and understand your pain xD That is one thing about NWN1 that I liked was that summons received their own portrait and joined your other characters on the right side of the screen.
    mysticsphere

glad someone recognized the greatness that is kasumi goto! ;)