Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Any way to "conserve" save slots?

I'm addicted to BG:EE and I'd like to experiment with other classes (create multiple PCs to explore all aspects of the game). I was wondering if anyone could point me to a thread on how to "set aside" saves so that they don't get overwritten when a new character is created. I accidentally overwrote my save that was furthest along, and was so heartbroken that I stopped playing for a few weeks. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    I'm not sure what you're asking. There is no way to set the files as write-only, so the only advice I can give is "pay attention".

Perhaps make a copy of the save files somewhere just in case.

• AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 931
    It would have been good to have a "character" tab to more easily keep the save file from separate playthroughs from getting confused (like Mass Effect had), though I expect that'd require further UI redesign to not be clunky.

BaldursCatNihilus
  • Laker_RangerLaker_Ranger Member Posts: 11
    Okay- so I was making this too hard. My solution was this:

In the BG:EE folder in the "My Documents" folder, I created another folder called "ArchivedSaves" and put a sub-folder within for each character (named: "Charname_Class"). When I want to change what PC I'm currently using, I just cut and paste the save folders I want to use, from the Archive into the save folder, remove the ones I won't be using for a while to the archive.
    Duh.
    That's what I get for drinking whiskey while gaming...

Thanks for your input, people!

lost1
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    What I normally do, it's simply renaming the save folder.

Example: let's say I have a PC called Foo, but I want to play with a second PC called Bar.
    I rename "save" -> "save_foo" and create an empty "save" folder for Bar

When I want to go back to Foo, I simply rename
    "save" -> "save_bar"
    and
    "save_foo" -> "save"
    etc.

• zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    zip it and send it to your mail so you won't overwrite them?

• SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    Just keep creating new save games, I use my current " on the way to the arms" or "< > mines level 3" and just keep creating new ones with the area I am in or heading to in the title. Never lost a save game yet....!