Skip to content

Stuck at Resurrection Gorge

I have no idea what to do here. I'm at the tree, with the invisible demon talking around it ... but what do I do? I got two of the stones from Winterbrook and Fil, but I'm left trapped in an area not able to do anything. All I have is a guy lying down in the middle of the circle inside the tree who doesn't do anything when I try to talk to him.

What's going on?

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    In the northeast corner of the area you should have found a wand, use the wand on the invisible demon and it will become visible.
  • FlowFlow Member Posts: 21
    Or drink one of the two potions that you can find in the area.
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2013
    But what about the guy lying on the floor? I still can't say anything to him, even after I've got the sword and stones.

I'd assume I have to cast a raising spell on him, but there's nowhere for me to rest to memorise it.

EDIT: Well, it turns out you CAN rest outside the tree ... with about a 95% chance of Ankhegs disturbing you. I had to rest about 20 times to get a full 8 hours in. And now, to top off the frustration which is this badly designed quest ... I have no idea how to get OUT of here. Killed the demons, and now stuck in this damn place.

EDIT EDIT: I had to wander around until Yarrow showed up. This is not a very well signposted quest.
    Post edited by Big_Murray on
    Dorn made a comment that you need to sacrifice something to complete the ritual. It depends on what you selected. I assume you need to summon a monster.

Also the druid cave is a secure resting spot. This was revealed in the conversation with the dryad.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    A monster won't do it; you need a sentient being. :)
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2013
    You didn't have a Rod of Resurrection? I did =P

Edit: I didn't use a wand or potions to find the demon, didn't even know they existed. Hexxat had 75-100 Detect Illusions, that seemed to do the trick.
  • WigginnsWigginns Member Posts: 18
    I ended up quicksaving and reloading whenever Ankhegs would spawn. Took about 5 tries to actually rest.
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    Wigginns said:

I ended up quicksaving and reloading whenever Ankhegs would spawn. Took about 5 tries to actually rest.

I should've taken a screenshot of the number of Ankheg shells there were lying around me, but there were about 50 of them. When I made my post saying there's nowhere to rest, I'd given up hope that it was actually a restable area and that there wasn't a 100% chance of them interrupting.

LiamEsler said:

The berserker summoned with the silver horn worked great.

• FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    LiamEsler said:

Actually to me it worked with a gnoll.

• AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    The easiest way to rest is just to go under the cascade and rest there - 100% chance to work.
  • DunhartDunhart Member Posts: 11
    It's kinda stupid that you can't resurrect the druid boy for any other reason but to use him as a sacrifice. If you cast raise dead or whatever on him, he gets up but you can't interact with him at all.

Also, I completed the sacrifice with the spider figurine summoning from the graveyard district.
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    Dunhart said:

It's kinda stupid that you can't resurrect the druid boy for any other reason but to use him as a sacrifice. If you cast raise dead or whatever on him, he gets up but you can't interact with him at all.

Also, I completed the sacrifice with the spider figurine summoning from the graveyard district.

Thats not true. You can resurrect him before optaining the crystals. He will tell you about himself, his ritual and the crystals. There might be also a way to finish it "good".
  • DunhartDunhart Member Posts: 11
    Didn't work for me, then.