Skip to content

PLANAR SPHERE quest bug?

Ok, I got all the way through the planar sphere and could not find demon heart. Forums said "go outside and something will happen". Well, something DID happen. I went outside and was immediately in conversation with the guy with the shadow thieves offering to help find Imoen for 20k gold (up from the 15k it was previously). It was the same conversation I had had with him much earlier in the game. I was at about 60k gold but was busy with side quests.

There was no way out of the conversation aside from paying the full 20k. Then a few cutscenes. Then I tried to go back to planar sphere. When I returned, it had completely reset. Chests had loot in them, traps were back, everything reset. Upon further investigation, I found my gem bag, scroll bag, and bag of holding (full of quest items) all empty (except for Nexxit's coffin thingy).

I went back to my quicksave (just prior to leaving the planar sphere) only to find the same thing. It took me back in time (prior to paying the 20k) but planar sphere had reset and my gem bag etc. were empty. What gives and what do I do? Previous hard save was prior to going to planar sphere in the first place.

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Yeah that's a bug... a big one. I thought they had resolved it. :(

I hope u got a recent save.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Did you patch your game?
  • benecorbenecor Member Posts: 11
    There was a patch. It did not fix my current problem though it may keep it from happening again. I can't decide to continue on and redo the planar sphere and keep the xp and gold that I earned from the first go through or to go waaay back to my previous save. I don't know if I lost any major quest items in my bag of holding which may break the game later on. I still have my keep key (which I thought was in the bag of holding prior to bug but I'm not sure). These are the quest Items I lost. Can I continue without them? First play through so I don't know.

Items I haven't used yet:
    Acorns
    Golden torso
    Wooden stake

Items I have used:
    symbol of amaunator
    piece of red cloth
    shadow prison key
    shadow dragon wardstone
    **Assortment of books, journals, and notes**

Also, I was on chapter 2 when the bug happened and it moved me to chapter 4. Is that normal??
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    This bug can mess SO much crap up. If your previous save is only you not having done the Planar Sphere then I heavily recommend loading it. Cheat your way through it if it's painful.
  • benecorbenecor Member Posts: 11
    Ok, I'll do that. Thanks.