Skip to content

Help! Character is stutter moving how do i fix?

My main character in Baldurs Gate II enhanced edition has suddenly began stutter stepping when i move them, like they'll move part way stop for a moment then resume moving stopping every second or two. This problem just recently started in Ust Nasta. It is only plaguing the main character, I have tried restarting the game, saving and reloading as well as restarting my computer and i have no luck. Is there something I am overlooking that is causing this problem to occur?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Have you been turned into drow? Its a known glitch that occurs when you're using the drow avatars. Basically you're going to have to endure it until you finish the quest and turn back =/
    I did read that it is worse if you're wearing certain equipment. But I can't remember what the equipment was. =/
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Eudaemonium: You're kidding, they haven't fixed that? That bug goes back to the original...
    Nope, still there. I had to deal with characters stopping all the time and stuttering just like before =/ Mainly my PC and Hexxat. The others were oddly unaffected.
    @Eudaemonium: If I recall correctly, that bug is caused by regeneration - which Hexxat has via her amulet (I'm guessing your PC is wearing the Ring of Gaxx or something similar)? Fortunately, the BG2 Tweak Pack has a component that takes care of that, though unfortunately the solution is to reset your party's appearance to their default state (no drow disguises).
    edited November 2013
    Yeah she was wearing the Ring of Gaxx, so that makes sense. I think Edwin had some minor regen item on him as well, though, and I don't think he was affected by it, but it was definitely true for Charname and Hexxat.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I say it's not worth the hassle. I always install that component of BG2 Tweakpack.
    I'm kind of surprised that bug's still in there - OP should open a report on the bug forum, get it squashed once and for all...
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    There is an open bug for this (#7125 in our tracker). It's apparently a vanilla bug with repeating effects like regeneration etc.