Skip to content

Aerie stuck in a dialogue loop.

You need something?
Yes?
I'll help however I can.

Just that for the past hour of gameplay. Prevents saving, cos dialogue mode. Prevents looting cos it forced back to a dialogue that hasn't happened. Any advice?

Comments

• electrobanelectroban Member Posts: 57
    Game is currently broken on the save game I'm playing.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    try reforming and adding her again? if possible
    The devs must of been pissing their pants laughing when they said this was an enhanced edition. It's obviously a known bug cos its everywhere even in the vanilla.

I've reformed i've done all that. Its just impossible to move around to trigger things cos shes constantly trying to engage in dialogue
    I brought her back to the circus and she keeps auto talking to uncle quayle now...

For reals?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    With the sheer size of BGII -- even after all these years -- it's impossible to catch everything.

Each 'stutter' bug is actually a separate issue, where the script is telling the game to do an action (usually start a dialog), but there's no variable closing it out -- so the game performers the same action repeatedly.

After which event did the stutter start?
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Is it possible to use an Autosave to re-load the game?
    no mate, i tried moving her into a different area so my auto save is part of that now
    kill her, make a separate save, rest then raise dead? maybe when she is dead and then revived the game will fix itself, just like in skyrim where you wait an hour and it just fixes most bugs
    nah ive killed her in many ways.
    hmmmm......i cant seem to think of anything else that will help....sorry dude, maybe have a mage cast "power words: shut the hell up I'm busy you stupid party member" warning it leaves the caster fatigued
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Have you tried casting silence on her? If some one is silence I know they can't initiate a dialogue.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Have you tried casting silence on her? If some one is silence I know they can't initiate a dialogue.

She kind of needs to cast spells. I suspect the behaviour would return once it wears off.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Just covering the basics here but if you C:CreateCreature("Aerie10") does that Aerie also do the same as the first Aerie?