Skip to content

Where did Imoen's things go?

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
edited November 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
I have finally defeated Irenicus and completed Shadows of Amn!

After watching a sequence of cut-scenes, I am about to begin the Throne of Bhaal... Only to discover that Imoen has lost all of her possessions. I guess she dropped them when she fell in the final battle against Irenicus, but surely it is not intended that you would lose all your equipment if an NPC died?!

Is this a bug? Did I miss something else about where I'd find Imoen's gear?

Thanks!

ps: Oh yeah I am playing BG 2 Vanilla.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Well, first, congrats on completing the game, I know it is your first time.
    Second, if she died in the final battle and didn't pick up her gear, it will be lost, maybe reload and replay it.
    Or, edit the save with ShadowKeeper, another thing I know you have (you mentioned both in your Let's Play's description :P) to add back the items. It won't be cheatin' (nothings worst than a cheatin' kobold!).
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @CrevsDaak

Ah okay thanks. That's kinda stupid design. I had the battle under control after I killed all the demons, so I could easily have sent somebody to pick up Imoen's gear whilst the rest of the party battered Irenicus.

Also if I wanted to, I probably could continue without Imoen's gear, but if more people died, my party would be crippled. Like Aerie has the Staff of Magi and Robe of Vecna, those would be irreplaceable!

Does this 'problem' still exist in BG 2EE?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Sylvus_Moonbow

In normal circumstances... of course. But the final battle goes to a cut-scene as soon as Irenicus falls, giving you no time to resurrect the dead, pick up equipment etc...

Also the final battle took place in Hell. Now I dunno the D&D lore that well... but it seems that from the perspective of the elves of Suldanesselar, the party has been in a coma since they defeated Irenicus at the Tree of Life. Surely that means their equipment should still be on their physical bodies?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    @Heindrich1988 I think so, it is not a trouble nor bug, but a player mistake (please, don't get offended, it is not my intention to hurt your feelings), and, yes, it will be a nice feature to move your lost equipment to ToB, but it will require some coding too.

Yeah, they give you no time to revive those that fell in battle, I remeber that Anomen felt (in my run) and I never raised him (HE was the cleric :P), and well, I picked up his stuff, but never realized he was carrying a Scroll of Raise Dead (foolish me!).