Skip to content

Has fake-talk been removed?

I've seen a couple of threads touch upon this, but I haven't seen it confirmed yet, so I'll just ask - did they remove the fake-talk "strategy" in BGII:EE?

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Possibly. Try it out and let us know how it works.
  • xcman04xcman04 Member Posts: 7
    Will do - only just got out of the Chapter 1 dungeon, so I'll play around and see what I can find.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Don't rush it--I was only pulling your leg. I would wager that it won't work like before but I could be incorrect.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    No fake-talk? but what about my delicious dragon cheese!?
  • I noticed that they fixed the pause-talk trick for getting away with thieving at stores, but unless I'm mistaken, I inadvertently fake-talked the Beastmaster in the Copper Coronet, so that glitch may still be active.
  • KladozKladoz Member Posts: 13
    Just tested and fake talk still works
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    Its a single player game, no need to fix an exploit that almost never comes up unless intentionally abused by players.
    Ardanis
    Sharn said:

Its a single player game, no need to fix an exploit that almost never comes up unless intentionally abused by players.

My very first play through of BG2 ended when I accidentally fake-talked Lavok in the Planar Sphere and didn't have a backup save. So it would have been nice to have seen that fixed
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    it's still pending... my beautiful bunch of noob killing fixes has been languishing for months :'(
    elminster
    SethDavis said:

it's still pending... my beautiful bunch of noob killing fixes has been languishing for months :'(

I'm really enjoying BGEE2 so far and I know what happened to me was a one in a million kind of scenario

Imo get ascension working first :):):)