Skip to content

Best armour for Valygar

PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
Wich is the best armour Valygar can wear?
Post edited by Pibaro on

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Honestly, his starting armour is pretty damn sweet to the point where you probably don't need to use anything else. Its AC 2, gives him immunity to Charm, a 25% damage reduction to Fire, Acid and Magic.
  • bman86bman86 Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2013

Honestly, his starting armour is pretty damn sweet to the point where you probably don't need to use anything else. Its AC 2, gives him immunity to Charm, a 25% damage reduction to Fire, Acid and Magic.

This. There's no point changing it. Maybe Night's Gift +5, but even then, it's pretty good armour he comes stock with
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    edited November 2013
    Black dragon scales is pretty good for him too.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited November 2013
    Black Dragon? I can't remember the black dragon scale armour, do you mean shadow dragon scale armour?

I agree that his starting armour is probably the best, but it's quite boring to ahve the same armour for the whole game :(
    I hoped that there were other armour he could wear (I used Valygar last time at least 9 years ago, so I can't remember)
    Does the Cortala Family armour stack with ring of protection?
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    I think he may be able to wear white-dragon scales, too, it's -2 with 50% frost resist and Cone of Cold 3x/day. I don't know, had Hexxat wearing it and she was still able to Stealth, but she can also wield any device in the realms, so... it could just be an oversight.

Ah, just looked at the not-usable-by list, looks like you're SoL on that front, might be rated as some kind of chain? Anyway, I'll leave this here For Science.
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2013
    I think the shadow and white dragon armors are in the same category as studded leather armor.

They're both really good on him.
    Sorry, wasn't clear enough. Stalkers are mentioned in the Not Usable By category for the white-dragon scale armor.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    So the onlty dragon scale usable armour is the shadow one (wich isn't better than the Cortala family armour)?
  • Cowled_wizardCowled_wizard Member Posts: 119
    25% magic damage resistance.... endgame where ac means almost nothing, id wear valygars armour on almost all my pcs
    edited November 2013
    Other than the extra 1ac and 25% more acid resist at the cost of 25% fire and magic, yeah.

edit: oh and the charm immunity