Skip to content

Can't stake Bodhi

Just as the title says. I have a stake in my inventory, and I'm in the right place- I looked it up in walkthroughs, and also watched a Youtube video of the Bodhi fight and its aftermath. I saw the player in that video hover his cursor over the coffin in the upper right room of Bodhi's lair, and a sword icon appeared. If I do that, I get a circle with a line through it. Bodhi is defnitely dead; I got the 91k experience for killing her. My autosave and quick save are now both after the fight, so reloading is not an option unless I want to redo most of Neera's quest on top of whacking Bodhi again.

I really, truly, desperately want to be overlooking something here, because I don't want to believe a bug this serious could have possibly made it into the game. But at the moment I'll take any sort of fix.

Comments

• RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    I just went through this part of the game and did not have this problem. When Bodhi's body dies, it should spawn that mist creature automatically.

On that note, if you killed Bodhi using ctrl+Y, it probably wouldn't spawn. Also, it may have spawned and then been killed by an area of effect spell. Although that should be impossible.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    I believe no mist occurred, although she wasn't the last creature to die so I wasn't really looking for it. I didn't use ctrl-Y and I used no AoE spells at all in the fight, unless you count turn undead, which doesn't affect her but does screw with her minions.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I had this problem too, but the sword icon eventually appeared over the coffin. I think the sword only appears on the roof part of her coffin boat thing.
  • SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    Got that problem too... Thank A LOT for console command!!!!
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Speaking of which, why does she live in a boat?
  • MythantorMythantor Member Posts: 11
    i guess it fits with the Egyptian theme of her tomb.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    So I've seen this happen with hexxat and I have some theories. If hexxat dies to level drain or int drain etc, she does not must and has to be ressed the normal way with a spell. Also sometimes instant death effects make her not mist...

Could you have hit bodhi with an instant death like mace of disruption or Azuredge?

Otherwise, did you shapeshift mind flayers or use a stat drain weapon?

Usually the mists are indestructible but I'm not sure if you hit the mist with azuredge or mod what would happen...
  • CaneCane Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Bumping this as I found this thread only through Google, but I'll post here since this happened to me also. I ended up doing some testing, and it seems fairly random when it happens, but backstabs and high damage output weapons seem to take at least part of the blame. Eventually I got her coffin to activate by simply having Aerie sling her to death for low damage.

I haven't tested the console command that was posted in this thread yet, but you guys might want to consider adding that to the Hotfixes & Workarounds thread, which is the first place I looked for a workaround to this. It's definitely a problem since, unless you know you're supposed to stake her, you won't know you're missing something.

No Hexxat, pretty standard chaotic good party plus Neera. Latest Steam version.
    Edit: Also no instadeath weapon; my PC is a thief and I used Daystar and Belm to kill Bodhi.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    If this is posted in the bugs section then the devs will at least see the issue - they may not see it in this thread.