Skip to content

Hexxat request *MASSIVE SPOILERS*

yaballayaballa Member Posts: 41
I would like to keep Clara in the party so I'm asking for a small mod just to keep her alive - revive her.

Comments

• AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Heh, thanks to both of you. I'm currently running with Clara and just saw @LiamEsler post elsewhere that I won't be able to keep her forever even if I ignore her quest, so this is just what I'll need.
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    I must say, I was very, very disappointed after the plot twist in the tomb. Clara had a lot of potential for a very interesting character, imo. I hope we'll get her someday, instead of Hexxat. Complete with personal quests in SoA and ToB would be even better. Maybe even a romance?
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013
    Emmi said:

I must say, I was very, very disappointed after the plot twist in the tomb. Clara had a lot of potential for a very interesting character, imo. I hope we'll get her someday, instead of Hexxat. Complete with personal quests in SoA and ToB would be even better. Maybe even a romance?

I was very disappointed to, I wish I could have saved her somehow.
  • RiduyRiduy Member Posts: 6
    Clara plzzzzzzzz~
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    Now that the big thread at General Discussion is closed down, I wanted to say I'd still love to see Clara as an NPC, whether modded or as a DLC (which I'd buy for sure). Shame the other thread escalated like this, for me the whole Clara thing has nothing to do with Hexxat being that bad, but rather the wish to explore Clara's character, since I see so much potential there.

About the other thread, I must say, I was quite disappointed that some people just wanted to vent their frustrations with Hexxat instead of keeping the discussion constructive. What was said there at the end was really uncalled for.
    Post edited by Emmi on
  • JerrinJerrin Member Posts: 12
    I might have missed out on some content with Clara, seeing as I've noticed a good deal of people preferring her over Hexxat. For myself, Clara never struck me as anything but uninspiring - kinda' zombie-like in her behavior.
    I'll be happy for all you folks out there who saw something interesting in her that I did not though, when you get your Clara-mods. That, and on the whole it's fantastic that the BG modding community is spitting out these tidbits for us to enjoy.
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    I'm using Hexxat for the time being because I'm running an evil party.

However, I'd like to see a Clara DLC in the future (hopefully sooner than later :P).

Thing is, you can't really justify taking Hexx along if you have a good party.

Clara (updated and upgraded via DLC) would be the solution to that problem.

I've got $$$ to spend on new Clara content, and no way to do so :(
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    Like @Jerrin, I don't understand this at all. There's nothing interesting about this character that I can see? She spends her time saying zombie-like text which is strongly implied to not even be her talking, but Hexxat talking through her. The only interesting thing about this character is her relation to Hexxat.
  • yaballayaballa Member Posts: 41
    She's an actress that became a thief. Her story could be very interesting.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Jalily said:
    That mod sounds needlessly complicated; having Clara as-is should be enough. The time wasted designing the Mistshadow kit could have been better spent writing interesting quests for a low powered but hopefully well characterized thief.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    clara was amazing she was SO CREEPY i loved her, ive said this a few times on the forums (mistaking her for hexxat) but she sent shivers down my spine every time she spoke and i loved it. in my opinion she was the best addition to BG2, who was the voice actor because she did a perfect job
  • mesmerizedishmesmerizedish Member Posts: 9
    yaballa said:

She's an actress that became a thief. Her story could be very interesting.

Sure, it could be interesting... if it were there. But it's not. There is nothing to her at all in the game. You could certainly make up a bunch of stuff about her, but that's true of anyone, even Noober.

But Noober's not pretty and white.

Like @Jerrin, I don't understand this at all. There's nothing interesting about this character that I can see? She spends her time saying zombie-like text which is strongly implied to not even be her talking, but Hexxat talking through her. The only interesting thing about this character is her relation to Hexxat.

This.
    Is this gonna turn into the old discussion again?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @mesmerizedish: You've got it in one - Clara is only interesting in that she's such a blank slate you can make up pretty much anything about her. I'm half-expecting a dozen Clara mods to pop up over the next year: she's a bard! She's a Shadowdancer! She's Baeloth's long-lost daughter! She's a Bhaalspawn! It's easy to fill in the blanks when the blanks are all there is...
    I'm sort of fine with that as long as it doesn't get ridiculous.
    Of course, it probably will...
    @Fafnir: To be fair, I don't begrudge modders to be as ridiculous and as over-the-top as they want - after all, that's the freedom that comes with mods in the first place. I just have this absolute certainty that if the devs did make a Clara DLC, it would disappoint 90% of her "fans" because there's no way you can accommodate all the expectations and different directions people would want to see her go; as soon as the possibilities collapse into one "canon" story, that's all there is.
    edited November 2013
    @shawne True. I'll call this effect "Schroedinger's Clara". :P
  • yaballayaballa Member Posts: 41
    edited November 2013
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @mesmerizedish

Why are you bringing race into this? What in the world has that got to do with anything?

@mesmerizedish

Why are you bringing race into this? What in the world has that got to do with anything?

I'm assuming you didn't witness the astounding number of racist posts that popped up here when Hexxat was revealed?
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    What's interesting about Clara ? well, the mystery folks ! From the moment we meet her, we can sense something's off. And in all honesty, as much as I love Hexxat, I found myself quite disappointed by the way the clara's thing was handled.

There's potential here for a much more good story like Clara's a bard (likely cause she's supposed to be an actress turned into some sort of thief, and well, there's not so much bards to choose from in BG2...) who was searching for inspiration for songs that could make her known throughout the realms and of course, rich !

In her search for inspiration, she find herself attracted by a vampire story that could work for a good song and we have a connection with Hexxat's story.

And this is only a glimpse of what could be for this character.

Lastly, for all the ones who don't understand what's all the fuss about clare is, I think It's mostly cause people are never happy they always want what they can't have. And since having clara's not an option atm, well people wants her =p