Skip to content

save from game work with enhanced?

dskillerdskiller Member Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in Windows PC (Archive)
^ like title says, I have the complete edition from gog, will game saves from it work with the enhanced edition?

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012
    Think i read that it isnt possible.

Correct me if im wrong.
  • RerelRerel Member Posts: 86
    Trent said this about it :

So i'm interested too on that subject, i have got a few started saves too ;-)
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    It all depends on the meaning of "backwards compatible". Does it mean #bgee saves can be played in original Baldur's Gate game client? Or ... across older versions on a different hardware device? Or, you can play the save of an old Baldur's Gate game in the new #bgee client? Or all of the above? :)
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    I'm just glad they are trying, although it is not the end of the world if they don't manage it.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Since they are using the BG2 engine you will not be able to use saved games from BG1in BGEE, other than maybe importing a character, as you can with BG2 today. You will also not be able to use a BGEE saved game with BG1. Overall, I wouldn't expect much portability between the old editions and the EEs, other than importing characters.
  • SmallSheepSmallSheep Member Posts: 3
    I may be completely wrong here, but I'd guess it's more likely to work with saves from Baldur's Gate Tutu as it uses the BG2 engine. Just a thought.
  • limlitelimlite Member Posts: 12
    Well the Tutu saves were no different from non-Tutu ones, if my memory serves, and Tutu was BG2 engine. What will make it more troublesome is the difference in scripts with all these add-ons, an old save would bug out, like when you mis-installed a mod and loaded a save, and then four hours in find out your uber quest was unfinishable due to an NPC not being there or something... I'm no programmer but if the engine is still Infinity, the saves should load... how well you can play them after that is probably where it won't work. Hmm I'll try loading a BG game on IWD just for kicks!