Skip to content

Multiple romances

Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
I don't have the time to play the BG games that often, so I like to experience as much new content every time that I can. So I have the Ninde NPC installed, and I'm wondering whether romancing her will interfere with the romancing of Neera.

What happens here?

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Currently mods have no checks for the new romances, so you should be able to multi-romance fine for the time being.
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    LiamEsler said:

Currently mods have no checks for the new romances, so you should be able to multi-romance fine for the time being.

Your reputation just increased by 1.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I do not want to open another thread and this is fairly recent. what about the vanilla romances? any way to continue them with the new? I want to see Neera's, despite that I think I will go with Jaheira. I can headcanon out that I ever had a romance with Neera, I am just wanting to see what happens :)
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    And, to add to the question above - if vanilla it does not work (like I suspect) does having BG Tweaks version of multiple romances help?
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    BGtweaks works only for the old characters. the new npcs are not affected by the current version v14 of the mod unfortunately so you need to manually babysit the global variables via EEkeeper if you want to complete your harem
    Ryofu said:

BGtweaks works only for the old characters. the new npcs are not affected by the current version v14 of the mod unfortunately so you need to manually babysit the global variables via EEkeeper if you want to complete your harem

what happened for me is I hit the roadblock where Neera makes you choose. I just said I like each of the others then changed the variable back to 1 (also tried 2), then with the timer variable to 1, which should have meant instant lovetalk to make sure it worked, but I got nothing. Maybe if I try with the others?
    ok here's what i did for mine. with the BGtweaks mod, i selected never break romances for the old characters. then when Neera makes me choose i choose her. The other original romances will not set to 3 and will maintain their romance schedule so you can continue your romances as per normal
    edited November 2013
    ah ok I will try that then. thank you. not trying to make my character that kind of person but I want to see them so in my head he only has one :)

edit: also @ryofu do you know what the install order should be with unfinished business, SCS, bgtweaks? I don't know if I could uninstall bgtweaks after them as I already have those mods.
    i don't really know. i have installed them before in a haphazard manner and also installed according to the mod order recommended and have not found there to be any difference. don't use SCS though only UB and BGtweaks and a whole bunch of npc banter mods and a few quest mods
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    edited November 2013
    @ChildofBhaal599 While in the install order bgtweaks is in the middle of those two there do not seem to be much intersection between them. Based on that account I would say you should be all right on that front. Although if you try to load existing game after operation like that weird things might happen (not necceserily, but you should not be suprised if they do). And if you plan to start a new game you might just as well install everything again just to be sure.