Skip to content

Stuck at "Starting Up"

I purchased, download the installer, and ran it on my OSX but as soon as the launcher begins, it get's stuck on "Starting Up" (Waiting to Download)

Comments

• ArteauArteau Member Posts: 11
    This was for Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's Gate ran perfectly for me always!
  • tgoretgore Member Posts: 7
    You aren't the only one. I don't even get the "Starting Up" message; just the little spinning wheel by me email address. Support suggest anything?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Arteau/@tgore: Do either of you happen to have a firewall or virus scanning software that could be blocking the download? (House, Corporate, OS, etc.) I believe they use a torrent type of download method (I could be wrong here).

Other than that, have either of you officially contacted support on the download/installation issues?
  • ArteauArteau Member Posts: 11
    I got everything working!! I was connected to a different wifi system so maybe the first had a firewall!
  • ieuieu Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    i'm also stuck. i tried turning off the antivirus and the firewall, but still nothing. how exactly do i contact support?

edit: it's working through vpn, but i think it's ridiculous that i can't directly download the patch and i have to worry whether it will work every time.
  • ieuieu Member Posts: 2
    i'm back. i've just installed windows 7 and i need to install baldur's gate (both games) again. even connected to vpn i can't seem to be able download anything. i'm stuck at "getting download info..." how do i contact support? i can't seem to find any link for that...