Skip to content

The Skinner is a Cheating Jerk (And Other Related Weirdness)

jpersinnejpersinne Member Posts: 23
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Bugs pertain to the skinner quest in the bridge district. I had the following NPCs in my party:

Dorn
Viconia
Hexxat
Neera

This information will become relevant in a moment.

I completed the quest up to the point where I accused the killer (without guard backup), and he fled into his basement. I played up to this bit solely with Hexxat; my PC, and all the other NPCs remained outside.

BUG #1:

Here is what happened next:

1. Hexxat sneaks downstairs after the skinner (successful stealth check).
2. Dorn and Neera make comment on the situation. Hexxat and Viconia do not.
3. Dorn and Neera continue to repeat their comments on the situation while Hexxat is downstairs.

Here is what should have happened:

1. Hexxat sneaks downstairs after the skinner (successful stealth check).
2. Either all NPCs should comment now or none should. Furthermore, Dorn and Neera should not repeat their comments.

BUG #2:

The following happened next:

1. The skinner is hostile.
2. Hexxat backstabs him (for what would be lethal damage, were he not invulnerable).
3. The skinner makes a threat, then proceeds to fight Hexxat. He is invulnerable, but does not ever stop fighting.
4. Hexxat flees, then returns.
5. This time, the skinner bolts toward the lower stairs for an exit.
6. The skinner, however, does not disappear when he makes it to the transition; instead, he spawns back into the middle of the room and attacks Hexxat again, while invulnerable.

It's been a long while since I've done this quest (on the original BGII), but I am certain the above is erroneous behavior.

Comments

• RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    workaround: Don't sneak. Just go down the normal way.

He will flee, let him. After that you can return to the guard and tell him that you found out who it is.

In the same room you are going to find hints where he did flee to, so you can solve the second quest with the book riddle.
  • AthiuenAthiuen Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2013
    There's all sorts of dialogue and trigger problems when you have your party split over multiple maps.
    Not to hijack this thread, but recently in Ust Natha, not having the party inside the Female Fighter Society buidling while talking to Phaere caused the dialogue to abrubtly stop (as the game was searching for the NPC to comment but they couldn't due to being in a different location). Moving the party together fixed the problem.
  • Snowblindn3ssSnowblindn3ss Member Posts: 16
    Reijek is invulnerable for me even if I try to let him escape.