Skip to content

The ogre mage bitch Cyrvisnea marches on Imnescar

DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
I just imported one of my BG1 characters into BG2 and this just happened. Notice the dialogue. It came after the very first move commands I issued. Is this some strange bug or a strange easter-egg?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I had a bug of this sort as well, but it was from one of neera's wild surges, what happened was she got a wild surge, and the description was one of the lines that the fallen knights will say to the smugglers, so I would think its a bug
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It implies your dlg file is mismatched with the game content. It could happen if you e.g. apply updates to a modded game.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2013
    It's because you were using a soundset in BGEE that isn't in BG2EE, and so the space in the dialogue.tlk that was previously occupied by the strings for your soundset now contain other stuff, you can fix it by just changing the soundset through your character options, no need to start again.

But yeah, kind of a scratch-the-head moment for us BGEE and BG2EE PC owners.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I had the same problem. I didn't realize anything until I notice my character had this really crazy sounding laughter.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    When I imported my character, every time she was damaged she read out Renal Bloodscalp's introduction speech. It was kind of funny while Irenicus was torturing her.
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    Okay, but who even says this stuff ingame? I never even heard of this oger mage.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    That's from the Athkatla town criers. Throughout the game they cover events taking place elsewhere in that part of Faerûn, like Riatavin seceding to Tethyr and the Sothillisian war.