Skip to content

Unpreventable party conversion to werewolves. Easy fix.

SivarSivar Member Posts: 53
In the attached game, my party is fine on the island, but upon return my party necessarily bursts into werewolves.
On Isle of Balduran, after killing the inhabitants of Balduran's ship and returning to Kaishas, I went to all the huts to be sure and kill all the werewolves. Werewolves seem a lot harder than they were in vanilla TOTSC, so I rested several times.

Upon returning to the mainland, my party all dies. While this may "sort of" be by design, I think it's a problem that the party can easily be in an unrecoverable state without the player really knowing.

Right before I take the ship, I'm on day 376. When I arrive, it's day 398, or 22 days later.

Suggested fix:

1) With every "rest", explain the impending doom as is done with Marek's poison in Baldur's Gate.
-or-
2) Start a lycanthropy timer after returning home from the island. Perhaps a shorter one.
-and/or-
3) Use dialog to promise a sense of urgency in leaving the island.

Comments

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    *begin unhelpful suggestion*
    it is also looks like it's possible to kill your party before leaving and since they're dead when you arrive they don't transform. you could finish up the quest and then revive them, if your main can take a couple werewolves on their own of course
    *end unhelpful suggestion*
  • SivarSivar Member Posts: 53
    No, that's a very helpful suggestion. It's perhaps the only way to work around this "bug" (in quotes because it may be intended behavior) without loading an earlier game, using debug mode, or using ShadowKeeper.