Skip to content

Hello

This is the first time I have ever posted to a forum. I first experienced Baldur's Gate back in 1998. Sad to say that bugs and Issues with my PC made that first experience a short one. Even though I gave up on it I was extremely impressed with the design of the game. When I heard about the Enhanced Edition being released for iPad I saw this as a second chance. I have to say that even with the bugs on the iPad version I have been extremely happy to play this game again. I've already finished one play through, and am about halfway through my second. It is a very good thing to see this game revitalized and released on a tablet. I'm looking forward to BG2:EE on iPad.

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Greetings! Welcome to the forum :)

I bought BG EE for my Ipad even though I already got the Steam version, back when I travelled a lot on the train, but I have to admit, I found the control and UI kinda fiddly, so I haven't had the patience to make much progress.

I always wonder how other people do it... with the nice handy mouse, tab key, space bar etc...
  • EligorEligor Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the greeting! I think the control issue with the iPad has more to do with controller preference than problems with the iPad UI (not that problems don't exist there). I can't imagine going from a mouse/ keyboard interface to tablet without it being a bit jarring. I haven't played a game on the PC since the late nineties, so maybe that distance helped in getting used to the touch controls. I can only speak for myself though. It says an awful lot about the game though that it can translate to a control system that was more of a Sci-fi concept when it was originally released.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hey and welcome!
    As a person who only plays one game on the computer for the past since I was young, I'll tell you that this game is much much better on pc and that you are guaranteed to enjoy it. Try it out!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The game was designed for computers, but I also have the iPad versions, the bad thing, in the iPad version you cannot choose between custom portrait (because the screen is too small for the button to be there) and modding is restricted unless you've jailbroken your device.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Heya! & Welcome! :)
    Always nice to see new members!
    Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask anything.

Don't ever make a bet with a tiefling. - Planar proverb.