Skip to content

Custom Portraits for game in progress

How do I use custom portraits for a game i've already started? I want to change the portrait I picked at character creation with one I got elsewhere.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Character Record screen -> Customize -> Appearance
    jackjacknomadmerc
  • TheNPCTheNPC Member Posts: 57
    When I go there there is no import button, just the portraits that come with the game.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    get EEKEEPER and you can change the portraits of anyone in a game in progress. just make a manual save and open that then go to the character(s) you want to put portraits on and change portrait
  • TheNPCTheNPC Member Posts: 57
    I figured it out!

Is EEKeeper complicated? I have an apprehension of fiddling with something only to end up breaking it. I've had bad experiences in the past.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813

get EEKEEPER and you can change the portraits of anyone in a game in progress. just make a manual save and open that then go to the character(s) you want to put portraits on and change portrait

is there an EE keeper for BG2 yet?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

there indeed is :)
    TheNPC said:

I figured it out!

Is EEKeeper complicated? I have an apprehension of fiddling with something only to end up breaking it. I've had bad experiences in the past.

it isn't that complicated at all. you pick the game or save registry, (can't remember which) load up a save, and under the character's portrait it will say change portrait. you then choose the small and large images.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214

there indeed is :)
    Version 1.0.2.1

TheNPC said:

I figured it out!

it isn't that complicated at all. you pick the game or save registry, (can't remember which) load up a save, and under the character's portrait it will say change portrait. you then choose the small and large images.
    You point EE Keeper towards the game directory. Also, no actual changes happen to any files until you hit the save button, and EE Keeper is set so that any changes you make to a save game are saved as a new saved game instead of overwriting a save, so there is no need to worry about screwing up your save. However, you can only load up manually saved games (i.e. not autosave or quicksave).