Skip to content

How can I use normal NPCs in the Black Pits?

It seems like this should be really easy, but I can't figure out how to do it. All I want to do is use the NPCs from the main game in my Black Pits party, instead of the uber-generic prerolled characters. I don't care about doing it "during" the main game or anything like that.

EE Keeper doesn't give you a way to change your party members. I thought of making "clones" of the NPCs I want in the normal character creation screen (maybe with some help from EE Keeper), but I don't know how to get the right voice sets.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how I can do this?

Honestly it seems downright bizarre that you can't just select the normal characters the way you can select the prerolled dudes.

Comments

• KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    Well if anyone's interested, I found voice sets for the NPCs so I downloaded those and then just created clones of the characters I wanted, using character creation and then EE Keeper. It's not perfect (especially since it took like an hour) but it's good enough.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    You can just CLUAConsole them in

.... I had Baeloth kill Baeloth
    sorry you wasted your hour :(
    If I saw this earlier I would have commented on it
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    do you mean use game npcs? ( like aerie, imoen, ect..... ) or do you mean make your own team? because making your own team is incredibly easy, just keep hitting the delete button until all 6 slots are empty then whamo

sorry you wasted your hour :(
    If I saw this earlier I would have commented on it

What's the command for doing it with the cluaconsole?

• AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("xxxxxx")

replace the x's with the creature code for the character.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/faqs/11646

here's a list of creature codes.

You choose the creature code by finding the name or beginning of the char's name, and pick whatever level you want to use. For example

EDWIN11
    EDWIN12
    EDWIN13
    EDWIN7
    EDWIN9

This is Edwin at level 11, 12, 13, 7, and 9 respectfully.
    yep... it was glorious
    The only way to correct it: Send the Big Metal Unit back in time x)

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("xxxxxx")

replace the x's with the creature code for the character.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/faqs/11646

here's a list of creature codes.

You choose the creature code by finding the name or beginning of the char's name, and pick whatever level you want to use. For example

EDWIN11
    EDWIN12
    EDWIN13
    EDWIN7
    EDWIN9

This is Edwin at level 11, 12, 13, 7, and 9 respectfully.

Thanks. It turns out doing it this way has some challenges of its own. For some (like Imoen) it seems to work fine. For others it seems like there's a missing trigger that needs to happen before you can get them to join... for example Minsc needs to break out of his cage and Viconia needs to be rescued from the mob. I assume I need to set some global variables before I can get them to join, but I'm not sure what they are... anyone know?

Also, I'm guessing others are going to start complaining after a while that I haven't solved their quest yet (like Mazzy)... anyone know what global variable to set to bypass those?
    you could theoretically summon anyone and make them part of your party.
    Drizzt, Jarlaxle, etc.
    Just summon them then click ctrl+q and they will be in your party
    Yeah, ctrl+q works... but then as soon as you win a battle, it automatically removes them all from your party. So I guess that's not going to work, it seems like my original plan of cloning is the best you can do without making a real mod.
    awww shucks.
    you'd have to go the setglobal route then, and I don't know enough to help you out. sorry man
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    EE Keeper now has an Exportable button to check under Characteristics tab. This worked for bringing my BG1 party to BG2 Black Pits.