Skip to content

Anyone else seen this? Is this a bug? (Discrepancy between save game time and time in the game)

I just loaded my save game. On the list of save games, it says I'm at Day 16, Hour 1. Funny, I thought, I didn't think my game ended at night. So, I loaded the game and indeed, I'm actually at Day 16, Hour 7. And guess what?
The times displayed on the list of save games tend to be wrong.

Would somebody else please check if this has happened to them as well? Is this a bug - a known bug, even?

This is essentially meaningless, but it's still strange...

Comments

• ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Yeah, I've noticed this as well. My guess is that the the in-game clock shows the actual time of day, while the save-game time shows how long you've been playing - that is to say, the game started at hour 6. I haven't actually checked what time the game starts, though, so might be totally wrong :P.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    No, I don't think it's that. It seems to me that the time displayed on the list of save games is consistently late by a number of hours. In the original BG2, I never saw this. The times displayed on the list of save games were always correct, the same time that it was in the game.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2013
    @Erinne is correct. The clock shows the time of day in the game (Day X Hour Y) while the save time shows how long you've been playing in game time (X Days Y Hours).
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Thanks! I stand corrected, then.

(Can I sit down now?)