Skip to content

I have Aerie for my mage....

I was wondering if there is a better "good" mage that i could use and if so where at?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It depends. Imoen and Nalia will both level up faster as Mages due to Aerie being Multi-Classed, but I'd probably say that Aerie was better than them overall, especially once you've got a bunch of levels under her belt. The ability to cast both Cleric and Mage spells make her a spell casting powerhouse. I'd say she was probably one of the best characters in the game.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    damn man thanks for the info!!!!!
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Neera due to Nahal's Reckless Dweomer if you are willing to go for neutral instead of all-good.
    I actually forgot Neera existed. But yeah that is always an option if you're willing to recruit neutral characters. I found her quest in SoA very good-friendly RP-wise.
    can aerie use limited wish/wish spells?
    Any mage can, so I don't see why not. You'll have to buff her Int to scribe the scrolls, I think (at least for Wish) but that is true for all mages except Edwin.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I see you too like to live dangerously.

Yes, but you might need to chug some potions before hand. You'll need to drink an intelligence potion to scribe the wish spell though.
    she can scribe scrolls ...how you do that?You mean she writes scrolls or sshe copies them into her spellbook?
    how you buff her intelligent?
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    Note that Aerie will get access to Limited Wish and Wish very late in the game, due to being multi-classed. That said, she is perhaps the best mage at using them in BG2EE, due to her natural Wisdom.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Other pure class mages or Dual-class mages will have access to higher level spells much quicker than Aerie, which can be very useful. On the other hand, Aerie is Cleric/Mage, which offers a lot of tactical flexibility. She can bombard enemies with AoE, CC, damage, or heal/buff allies.

She can also combine Mage and Cleric spells in sequencers/contingencies, I think, although I haven't quite worked out how to use that effectively myself. Her low Cons means she is kinda squishy and will need to be protected, but otherwise she is a very useful NPC.

how you buff her intelligent?

Right click on a scroll and there should should be a button to the right of the done button.

There are various potions you can find/buy that buff her intelligence for a brief time. When the potion bonus ends she'll still have the spell as long as you scribe.

ok thanks guys...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    You can buy Potions of Mind Focussing and Potions of Genius at temples. They will buff her intelligence.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    She's powerful but I wouldn't use her as my only mage. When enemy pages care casting Time Stop she's still going to be stuck with level 7 spells.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Aerie can serve as your support Divine caster or your Arcane back-up, but due to her leveling up you will only want her as a second-wave Arcanist: keep around a mage that is exclusively leveling up as a mage so you can keep on top of powerful spells and handle multiple large groups of enemies in one day. I always have a second mage who prioritise target-specific debuffs and anti-mage spells, while my primary mage is the one that has fireball, chaos and chain lightning on hand to deal with the rabble.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Just create a wizard PC, now we have Hexxat and Dorn, I don't see the reason of why no making anevil run?
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Aerie is more "middle ground", in terms of casting. She's also an investment. In terms of casting she'll get spells at a much slower rate than any other caster in any other field, like Edwin or Viconia. If you have a Mage *AND* a cleric on your team alongside Aerie, she can cover the ground the other two casters don't, giving all 3 of them more freedom to pick their spells specifically for the roles you want them to play.
    Right now I have Imoen, Neera, Jaheria, and Aerie in my party. Aerie is my offensive cleric and my fodder creater. I've always found her best to play that part.