Skip to content

Can I go to Watcher's Keep?

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
edited December 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Because I preferred to do Watcher's Keep all in one go for RP realism, I decided to leave it alone until I get to ToB. However, I have unexpectedly found myself in Saradush, in the midst of a raging battle and a seemingly urgent quest. I've not had a chance to do anything I want since I accidentally clicked on a giant statue head in the Elven sacred woods...

So my question is... have I missed out on Watcher's Keep? Will I be able to go where I want to fairly soon? At first glance I don't think I can even leave Saradush, presumably until I lift the siege.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    You will be able to do so. In my first run I did it in SoA, and it was pretty easy, just with some epic chees and genius tactics, it was a made cake. I did half of the dungeon in Chapter 3 and the other half in Chapter 6.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    When you leave saradush to disrupt Yaga-Shura's immortality, you will have the first chance in ToB of travel in the world map. Just go to Watcher's Keep then.

By theory you can make Watcher's keep directly from Irenicus Dungeon (i have done that once until level 4, no way to break the final seal with an starting party unless you cheat and cheese a lot), buy if you're masochist enough to do that, install Weimer Tactics that you're going to get more fun.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Yeah... I don't cheese as a matter of principle in gaming, though I love it in my burger!

I know it would probably be more efficient to do some early levels in the Keep earlier in SoA so I can get some nice gear, which would likely make the SoA endgame much easier, but I couldn't really justify going to the Keep RP-wise, at least until after the Underdark. I did Durlag's Tower in one go, so I'll try to do Watcher's Keep in one go too.

Anyways, good to know my RP adherence hasn't cost me the chance to go to the Keep.