Skip to content

How to install SCS on Mac?

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
The mod tutorials here seem to be not useful for stratagems-v24.exe like mod files of SCS (something about "weidu" or some such).

Honestly, I cannot understand how to install SCS with any of this.

Can anyone please help?

Comments

• PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @Ygramul: it's not really hard, once you run the following in Terminal:

--
    cd '/Applications/Baldur'\''s Gate - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00777/Baldur'\''s Gate - Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/Resources/'

---
    find stratagems -name '*.tp[ha]' -exec perl -pi -e 's/\r\n/\n/g' \{} \;

---

Then use 'Easy Mod Installer on OSX' http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-for-os-x/p1

Be sure there is a copy of WeiDU in your 'BG:EE.app/Contents/Resources' folder.

Good luck taking Tarnesh down the next time!

The full credits for the terminal command go to someone else on these fora, I just don't remember who...
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Thank you kindly.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    You're welcome!
  • sturmvogel66sturmvogel66 Member Posts: 35
    This appears to be working, but when I run the easy mod installer I get this:

Jason-Longs-Computer-3:Resources jasonlong$ find stratagems -name '*.tp[ha]' -exec perl -pi -e 's/\r\n/\n/g' \{} \;
    Jason-Longs-Computer-3:Resources jasonlong$ cd '/Applications/Baldur'\''s Gate - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00774/Baldur'\''s Gate - Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/Resources/'
    Jason-Longs-Computer-3:Resources jasonlong$ ./setup-stratagems
    -bash: ./setup-stratagems: is a directory

Any ideas on how to fix this?
  • syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
    I'm also very confused.
    I want to install SCS.
    Link that I can find for old versions of SCS say to install WeiDu and then give me what appear to be outdated links.
    Even the WeiDu page has broken links... (e.g. it says to download from "Balduran's Spa & Grill" - no such thing apparently http://www.weidu.org/Mac.html )

Does latest version of SCS (v28 now, I believe) require this?
    Old version of NI required a hard link made in resources of the dialogue.tlk; that's no longer true. I don't know if the same thing happened.

Very lost and not sure where to look up the answers...
    Update: Found version 236 here: http://www.weidu.org/main.html#weidu
    Unzipped it.
    Clicked on it.

Just about nothing happened and then I got a "[process complete]" message via terminal.
    So... maybe it's installed...
    I don't see anything in resources as I'd have expected...

I also still can't do anything with SCS... for some reason it thinks I don't have permissions to use the .command file (but I appear to when looking at the file's info...)
    edited December 2013
    For the record: this all be Crazy!
    Beamdog / Overhaul needs to get some sort of integrated modding set-up (like Dungeons of Dredmore on Steam).

Anyway, in case it helps anyone else:
    I had to go to command line and give executable access to the files.
    which is just "chmod +x setup-stratagems" (also possibly: "chmod +x setup-stratagems", I did both, but not sure if the latter is required - probably).

Otherwise I just used Phyrax's instructions along with version 236 of WeiDu (copying only the Weidu And weinstall programs into my resources folder) and v28 of SCS. (Edit: Oh, and you'll need to have a terminal window open. It didn't seem to be able to open it itself.)

[Thanks goodness it seems to be working - I can't imagine playing BG without SCS!]
    Post edited by syllog on