Skip to content

soluafen

can he become a party member

Comments

• SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Not unless you modify the game, or use some sort of cheat I think... I kinda killed him :/ (forgot to go back in time ^^)
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Not normally, but there is a mod that allows you to recruit him. Haven't used it myself, but I hear the mod version is somewhat different personality-wise than how he is in game.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    There's a mod for that, not in the default game. Never used it so I don´t know the details.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I've heard that the mod Solaufein is kinda a bit brokenly good, due to his ridiculous sword and the fact he keeps Dimension Door.
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • I've heard that the mod Solaufein is kinda a bit brokenly good, due to his ridiculous sword and the fact he keeps Dimension Door.

I have yet to run into a mod that changes game content (adds or modifies items, quests or recruitable NPCs) that doesn't result in something 'brokenly good'. Every mod I've tried, from Unfinished Business to Item Upgrade and so on, makes the game easier in some way. Even Ascension, which is some AWESOME storyline goodness, makes life easier by giving you Bhaalspawn powers during ToB (somewhat balanced by the 'improved' boss fights, which aren't much tougher). The only exception that proves the rule is SCS, which doesn't actually add any content but is deliberately intended to make the game more challenging.
    Dexter
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265

I've heard that the mod Solaufein is kinda a bit brokenly good, due to his ridiculous sword and the fact he keeps Dimension Door.

He is lightyears above any non-mod character (he also has the drow 50% MR and is the broken fighter/mage class), but the mod also include some infamous fight (improved Bodhi, Eclipse party), which is lightyears more difficult than any challenge in the game, so it kind of evens out.
    Cyteen said:

I have yet to run into a mod that changes game content (adds or modifies items, quests or recruitable NPCs) that doesn't result in something 'brokenly good'. Every mod I've tried, from Unfinished Business to Item Upgrade and so on, makes the game easier in some way. Even Ascension, which is some AWESOME storyline goodness, makes life easier by giving you Bhaalspawn powers during ToB (somewhat balanced by the 'improved' boss fights, which aren't much tougher). The only exception that proves the rule is SCS, which doesn't actually add any content but is deliberately intended to make the game more challenging.

Soulafein mod makes the game more difficult. Not even a contest. Sure he's a broken class with broken resistances and a broken weapon, but the fights it puts you up against are terrifying the first time around.
    Eudaemonium
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Ah, the first time Sola and I fought the Eclipse party...

Fond memories! :D
  • lundgrnnlundgrnn Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2013
    Deleted. Accidentally copied my comment below.
    Post edited by lundgrnn on
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Cyteen said:

That's a very deliberate feature of SCS - I'm trying to avoid the "arms race" that occurs where you up the difficulty level and then compensate with more experience and loot. (I hope it's also true for Wheels of Prophecy, which adds something like one medium-powered magic ring as extra loot.)

elminsterEudaemoniumDexter
  • @DavidW I understand, and I applaud what you've done with SCS. :)
    Dexter
  • lundgrnnlundgrnn Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2013
    I've used this mod in the past and it was awesome. I only used it on one playthrough with my Ranger/Cleric protagonist, Viconia, Imoen, Soulafein, and Sarevok later on in ToB. It was a pretty fun run. I can't remember what I had to do to beat the Eclipse party but I remember reloading a lot.

On a side note, does the Soulafein mod work with BG2EE? I haven't tried modding this version of the game yet and I don't want to break it so soon.

• DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Solaufein is quite an old mod and does not work with EE. Don't know if someone is working on compatibility.
    Same thing happens with the mod Valen, but hey, look what devs had in mind for us

hexxat

Maybe in the future...
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    You can recruit him in mod but he's a good guy in both the game and mod, I thought he was a wuss in the game since chickened out on poor phaera and left her to be tortured.