Skip to content

Party compositions, BG2EE

So, after bashing my head into a hall, and attempting to create balanced party members, I wanted to pass this list on ya'll to see if there are any conflicts with the NPCs that I should know about before starting to make these parties. Each group has a set theme of sorts to it, mostly because I've never used some of these characters before, and want to try them out.

(Family matters)
PC -> Male Elf fighter/thief Multi-class
Aerie -> Mage/cleric muti-class (romance)
Imoen -> Thief/mage Dual-class
Sarevok -> Fighter (added in ToB)

(Who needs a thief?)
PC -> Male Elf Sorcerer
Neera -> Wild Mage (romance)
Mazzy -> Fighter
Nalia -> Thief/mage Dual-class
Cernd -> Shapeshifter
Anomen -> Fighter/Cleric Dual-class

(As close to Canon as can be!)
PC -> Halfing Male Bounty Hunter
Jaheria -> Fighter/Druid (romance)
Keldorn -> Inquistor
Sarevok -> Fighter (added in ToB)
Imoen -> Thief/mage dual-class
Minsc -> Ranger

(Who needs a front liner?)
PC -> Female Archer
Rasaad -> Sun Soul Monk (romance)
Haer'Dalis -> Blade
Aerie -> Cleric/mage multi-class
Valygar -> Stalker
Jan -> Thief/illusionist multi-class

(Its good to be Evil!)
PC -> Female Berserker/cleric Dual-classed to cleric at level 13 for the extra 1/2 attack
Hexxat -> Thief (romance)
Viconia -> Cleric
Edwin -> Conjuror
Dorn -> Blackguard
Korgan -> Berserker

Besides obviously playing the game through, and seeing things myself, are there anythings I should about before diving head first into the various groups? Any non-obvious conflicts I should know about, or interesting dialog?

Comments

• 17651765 Member Posts: 71
    If you want to experience some of the best dialogue and cool inter party conflict, take good and evil NPCs :)

• rathe101rathe101 Member Posts: 61
    I tried to mix it up a little bit, but i didn't want to have to micromanage the reputation system too much.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    edited November 2013
    kensai/thief Kinjal ( mafia errand-boy )
    kensai/druid The Phalanx ( spears... )
    enchanter/fighter Senjaali ( an ex-mind trickster )

was the party , this summer , I worked on paper... They are all duals as you can see , so you can fill the rest how you like.With the max-leveling (exploit?) here I mentioned you can level them max in SoA limits before Jonaleth , how ever , I haven't tried it , because I bored of it , working too much on it.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24270/deadly-spoiling-gnoll-kin-and-other-easy-tactics

• tenkakahntenkakahn Member Posts: 110
    I don't use NPC but I am running.

Dwarven Defender
    Cavalier
    Monk
    Archer
    Cleric
    Conjuror

And I have been steam rolling lol
    I just mainly asked to see if anyone has tried those parties before, using the NPCs. I'm not sure how the sub quests would work either, or if there is specific dialog for the various NPCs I wanna group together. I've actually never used over 70% of the NPCs in BG2, I usually just go with Imeon, Minsc, Jaheria, Aerie, and Nalia. I haven't done most of the NPC side quests, or really messed with any NPC combinations besides that group.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    I remember using LEVEL magazine's walkthrough back in the days , so my party was :

Barbarian Half-Orc
    Minsc
    Viconia/Aerie
    Edwin
    Imoen/Jan Jansen
    Korgan or something's around like that
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited November 2013
    Meet the Bloody Footsteps gang:

Human NE Jester
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Hexxat
    Edwin
    Korgan, but we'll probably have to kill him soon.

Edit: the plan is to bring in an NPC as a 6th party member, do their quest, then [Spoiler]feed them to Hexxat, one by one.[/Spoiler] Be careful with that spoiler!!
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    charname LN Kensai
    Keldorn
    Anomen
    Jaheira
    Jan
    Rasaad

OMG Jan takes the piss out of them Knighty Knight types!
    Does Hexxat and Dorn have conflicting romances? I just realized I have them as possible romance options on my evil group, and I'm not too keen on romancing Dorn...
  • SarlyssiaSarlyssia Member Posts: 27
    rathe101 said:

Does Hexxat and Dorn have conflicting romances? I just realized I have them as possible romance options on my evil group, and I'm not too keen on romancing Dorn...

Hexxat only romances female chars and Dorn both so yes they can conflict. But as far as I know you can tell Dorn that you are not interested at some point.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    rathe101 said:

I had Dorn, Neera and Viconia all fighting for my CHAR was rather amusing to be honest..
  • The_MageThe_Mage Member Posts: 19
    I have slipped into old habits again and almost made an exact duplicate of the old party I had during my first playthrough:

Charname [Paladin]
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Viconia
    Yoshimo
    Neera

Now, I have become annoyed with Neera, and Yoshimo will be replaced by Imoen once I get her back.

The task for you, dear readers, is to give me a good suggestion to replace the following party members

Minsc
    Neera
    Jaheira.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    I am going with

CHARNAME half-orc fighter
    Jaheira (romance)
    Viconia (romance)
    Aerie (romance)
    Neera (romance)
    Jan
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    Sometimes, it seems that thinking up future parties is more fun than actually playing them through for me. So I've 3 parties planned in addition to my current one.

Current game:
    Arturius, LG male human Cavalier
    Anomen
    Minsc
    Keldorn
    Aerie (romance)
    Yoshimoen

Mostly evil party, featuring short races:
    Tyro, LE male half-orc Fighter/Cleric
    Viconia (romance)
    Korgan
    Mazzy
    Jan
    Edwin

"And the rest", mostly neutral:
    CHARNAME, CN male elf Fighter/Thief
    Jaheira (romance)
    Valygar
    Haer'dalis
    Cernd
    Nalia

The new guys:
    CHARNAME, TN female human Berserker/Druid dual-class
    Dorn
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Hexxat (romance)
    Secret ToB NPC

If anybody actually reads this and wants to know how and why I came up with these particular configurations, let me know.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    @The_Mage How do you feel about evil members? Edwin would be a great replacement for Neera and Korgan for Minsc. Mazzy is great too. As a substitute for Jaheira I'd consider Anomen.
  • The_MageThe_Mage Member Posts: 19
    I already have Viconia, and since I am a paladin myself, I'd rather not slip down that spiraling path of darkness (to be somewhat melodramatic). I am thinking of picking up Korgan, though I do like Minsc's character a lot.

Other problem is that I have sunk most of my good spells into Neera. Ah well.