Skip to content

[Hardcore Spoiler, you have been warned!!!] The conclusion of the Hexxat plot

Davy_JonesDavy_Jones Member Posts: 11
Hello, my friends of the night!^^

I now fulfilled Hexxat's final quest - and then L restores her and she dies! Dammit! I need a thief and have no interest in re-integrating Imoen! Regarding experience she will be so far behind that she will not be able to really help!

So here is the question: is there a possibility to keep Hexxat alive?

Comments

• HoltzmanEngineHoltzmanEngine Member Posts: 11
    sure just persuade her not to do it ;)
  • Davy_JonesDavy_Jones Member Posts: 11
    Tried all dialogues. Or do I have her to persuade her not to do it when facing Korkorran in the maze?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    You can persuade her, you just need high INT/WIS/CHA.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    do you need all three? my character had 20 int but mid range wis/chr and couldn't do it.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I'm not sure which of the three is required, but another player had high CHA and low INT/WIS, couldn't save her, then topped all three stats with potions and managed to persuade her to stay.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I had high int/wis and couldn't save her. It was only after raising my chr to 18 with the ring of human influence that I ended up getting access to the right dialogue.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    So we just need to use a couple of potions and the ring. Good news
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Hm.. I'm not sure if i'll actually be able to keep her on my evil save then haha. My half-orc is thick as a brick and so ugly a shovel to the face would be an improvement. >.<
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @elminster *thumbsup* !
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Khyron said:

Hm.. I'm not sure if i'll actually be able to keep her on my evil save then haha. My half-orc is thick as a brick and so ugly a shovel to the face would be an improvement. >.<</p>

I chuckled ;)

And would you be so kind as to upload said orc's portrait, good sir?
    edited December 2013
    Turns out you just need a good amount of charisma and picking the right choices. I believe 14 charisma will do if I'm not mistaken. Either way the ring of human influence should allow you to keep her alive (you just have to say the right things).
  • I doubt it needs to be your charname that has the high Charisma, just your party leader. I was able to talk her down (after a frustrating number of tries...I actually made a map of the dialogue tree), and my sorcerer has a Cha of 11. I don't remember who my party leader was at the time, but it was probably Dorn.
    edited December 2013
    Cyteen said:

I doubt it needs to be your charname that has the high Charisma, just your party leader. I was able to talk her down (after a frustrating number of tries...I actually made a map of the dialogue tree), and my sorcerer has a Cha of 11. I don't remember who my party leader was at the time, but it was probably Dorn.

Looks like you are right. Certain dialogue choices are opened up by having up to having either 13 or 14 charisma but with the right choices I was able to avoid that outcome just now with a party leader/charname with a charisma of 8. Also looking into it those additional dialogue options are determined by the party leaders charisma.
  • Davy_JonesDavy_Jones Member Posts: 11
    Then I guess I should try again, my charisma is 25... xD