Skip to content

TLK language code dropped

bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
Am I correct in understanding that EE has dropped and no longer intends to utilize the *.TLK value indicating language (at offset 0x8) which (formerly) indicated the TLK file's language?

Currently BG:EE *.TLK files all have this set to 0 (which used to be English) and I'd like to verify that this is no longer going to be used.

Comments

• MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    I don't know if I can give an official answer to that, but currently language is handled via directory, and specified at initial runtime in weidu.conf (e.g. lang_dir = en).
  • bardezbardez Member Posts: 41
    Well, the the lang directories are kind of self-explanatory, @Miloch, but I appreciate the response. I've just been doing research into various IE instances and found that all of the EE TLKs indicate that they are English/undefined language in the data file itself. But that's nothing compared to the Italian values I found in the Complete BG & IWD DVDs. Italian makes the flag appear to be meaningless.

I'm just curious as an FYI in case one were to open the file in an editor akin to Near Infinity, which may not have the context of the relative path of the file (I know I drag and drop assets onto thumb drives in non-standard locations for research purposes).