Skip to content

Firebead Elvenhair's Quest bug in Beregost isn't working.

thecatthecat Member Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
Upon entering the house of FIREBEAD ELVENHAIR'S you should get a quest of fetching a book at the Feldepost in. However firebeard don't give you the quest and if you attempt to leave the house the game crashes.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Did you have less than 100 gold at the time? His quest only starts if you have more.

Not sure about the crash.
    CrevsDaak
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    FWIW, this quest worked for me, and I had more than 100 gp. No crash.
  • TheRazzTheRazz Member Posts: 4
    You have to talk to Firebead using charname. I couldn´t get to work at first as well.
    CrevsDaak
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I think you guys just ran into intended changes. firebeard talks to people he knows.
    Well, @Balquo what about a change so he recognises Imoen as well?
    CrevsDaak
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    Oh, that's why I didn't trigger the quest... And now firebead is dead, what a mess ;)
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Well, I seem to have the same problem. I have 515 gp, I did his quest while in Candlekeep, so he definetly knows me. Imoen is not with me though. I'm with a Blackguard, other NPCs are Xzar, Montaron, Viconia and Neera, and we have a reputation of 5.
    Any suggestions? Other than killing him for the case. Not that I would mind it, but I don't want to lose more rep and have the Flaming Fist on me...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Senash

This is a known problem with patching the game after doing his Candlekeep quest but before his Beregost one. To fix it, enable the console and type
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TalkedToFirebead","GLOBAL",0)
    then talk to him with Charname.
    ErgCrevsDaak
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    @Jalily
    Thanks a lot, it worked like a miracle! And yeah, I did patch the game between the encounters with Firebead :)
  • UzulUzul Member Posts: 1
    @Jalily
    The console command doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I also patched the game in between quests, but since its been a few patches on top now, I guess the name of the flag was changed?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The flag hasn't changed. You need to speak to Firebead with either your character or Imoen.
    Earnest_ernest
  • Earnest_ernestEarnest_ernest Member Posts: 40
    Jalily said:

The flag hasn't changed. You need to speak to Firebead with either your character or Imoen.

I can confirm what Jalily says. You have to speak with your character or Imoen. No need of console or anything