Skip to content

Fail of the ages +3

AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
I just finished Nalia's quest and errrm ... I only have the Cold and Fire heads. Did I miss my chance to get the other items ? It seems the castle is reset and items and some golems just disappeared.

P.S.: Where is the forge of the keep ?
Post edited by AnotherLife on

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Seems you missed some secret doors and rooms along the north-west side of the ground floor. That's where the forge is, and if memory serves, that's where one of the flail heads is, too. I forget what implications finishing the quest has on the item's creation, but I think you should still be able to do it.
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    I think there was a door that could not be lockpicked.Now that I became the keep lord and the keep reset, the door is not interactible.

Does anyone know if I can still craft the weapon ?

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You get one in the room next to the forge, one from Glacias the guard captain and one from the golem room. Golems won't attack if you take the head only. No idea if you can pick them later since the flail is basically the only reason for my games to do this quest so I make very sure I get it :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    The Forge is on the ground floor, where you enter, at the top-left-hand-side of the map. I think its just accessed through a series of hidden doors (the glow purple ones), rather than locked doors.
    http://imgur.com/yI1f4rW
    I''ve marked the room where I got 1 part. I got the other part from the golem room. That staircase at the top left is inaccesible. I can't select the door anymore.
    Okay, the room just before the one you marked is the forge room. You can click on the forge to at least make the FoA+2.

Did you get the head from the guard captain/whatever he is who attacks you?
    edited December 2013
    No human attacked me. There was a guard with Nalia's aunt but he was friendly.

Don't I need a handle anyway ?
    No, that confused me too. Just the heads.

The head you seen to be missing is on a guy in a room on the second floor, but he might be gone now that the quest is done. I believe you have to go through some secret hidden doors to reach him. The room is around the middle of that floor.
  • bman86bman86 Member Posts: 115
    edited December 2013

MIA flail and forge top left
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There is no handle part.

At the centre of the second floor (which is only accessible by going through a secret passage found in the room south east of #5) is a guy by the name of Glaicus. Anyways, he has one of the heads. You can either kill him or charm him to get it. Its #6 on this map.

As Eudaemonium mentioned he may not be there anymore now that you've completed the quest. Worth a look though.
    edited December 2013
    Ah sorry, I've not read it correctly. You should still be able to forge a 2 headed flail though
    edited December 2013
    man that sucks! As mentioned above, it's the only reason I go into the keep. At least yo ucan still get a 3 headed flail when you raid watcher's keep...
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    No, you can't, actually. The ToB heads can only be attached to the 3-headed flail.
    enneract said:

No, you can't, actually. The ToB heads can only be attached to the 3-headed flail.

yeah you're right, the imp builds on top of it ey...truly, I think i'd reload and do it again. Painful stuff!

I didn't realize the keep was possible to complete without interacting with the insane guard. Don't you need to get past him to get to the stairs leading down?
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Not sure if this still works, but this happened to a lot of players in the original game, and you can still CLUAConsole teleport yourself to the old map. It doesn't really disappear, just becomes inaccessible. I never tried it myself so I'm unsure of what the command actually is, but if you'd rather google a minute or two you could probably fix it that away.
    Madhax said:

I didn't realize the keep was possible to complete without interacting with the insane guard. Don't you need to get past him to get to the stairs leading down?

Nah thats just the uppity aunt.
    You could just use C:CreateItem("Blun30a") to create the head.
    edited December 2013
    Yep, I hadn't gone inside that room with the chairs in the middle because I couldnn't find a door, now there's just some maid there. Well, next time I go there I will probably cheat to give myself the third head. And if the forge doesn't work I guess I will remove them and cheat give myself the flail+3.

Serves the game right for punishing me for not metagaming/googling and just playing the game *shakes fist*
    To the best of my knowledge the forge will still work even though the quest is done.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Don't worry, my first time I thought the other pieces were in different dungeons altogether so I only grabbed the one flail head in the golem room before leaving. I put a bunch of points into flail because I'd heard the best weapon was a flail, and when I finally looked up where to get the other heads I felt like an idiot.
    edited December 2013
    Yep, gave myself the acid head with EE Keeper and used the forge and I'm now wielding the Flail of the Ages.

So basically, I had to cheat because the game likes to throw people and stuff in alternate dimensions.

EDIT: Changed the thread title to something more appropriate.

So basically, I had to cheat because the game likes to throw people and stuff in alternate dimensions.

To be fair, you did fail to follow one of the few rules that roleplayers and powergamers both follow: Never leave a dungeon without fully exploring it, especially when you've been explicitly told that there's a powerful artifact lying in pieces throughout. =P
    Well, I didn't leave the area, the game reset the map and things and people vanished.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Madhax said:

To be fair, you did fail to follow one of the few rules that roleplayers and powergamers both follow: Never leave a dungeon without fully exploring it, especially when you've been explicitly told that there's a powerful artifact lying in pieces throughout. =P
    Not really... the doors are hidden and I missed it the first time as well. Plus you don't know that they're all in the keep, only they're scattered somewhere. Realistically you should be able to return and grab the stuff when it's your stronghold.
  • jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    Last game, I forgot to get the head guarded by the golems, and when I remembered and went back long after doing the quest, it wasn't there. Thank god for EEkeeper!
    Also, it's fair to expect at least one head to be with Nalia'a father, since it's been mentioned that he tried to assemble it, or maybe with the troll boss. There is also a damn door that leads to those inner rooms but it says "it's gonna be repaired at some time later" basically. So I supposed that part of the keep would be unlocked after it was liberated.
  • Dux89Dux89 Member Posts: 47
    Well, at least you have one of the best thread names I've ever seen.